Engine/DSG intermittent drive problem

Ulsinus

I have a new Kodiaq Edition 7 seat 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG which has done 1300 miles since delivery in December 2018.

On two occasions: Christmas eve and 10 February the car failed to move when the accelerator was pressed.

The vehicle was stationary.

The engine was running and from the tacho at just under 800 to 900 rpm.

The first occurrence R was selected.

The second occurence D was selected. 

Mode Eco selected.

Auto handbrake selected.

Press the accelerator engine revs increased but car stayed put.

Am I alone in experiencing this problem?

I turned engine off and then restarted. Car responded correctly there after.

Grateful to receive comments and advice about what I may be doing wrong and how I can avoid the problem occurring again.

From the delivery date, this car is likely to be a 1.5tsi, not 1.4tsi.

The 1.5tsi is plagued with reports of strange behaviour, one of which is occasional refusal to pick up from start. Unknown what the reason is due to extreme secrecy from Skoda/VAG and denial from dealers. 

Document and report it to your dealer, no doubt they will fob you off or possibly say that a software fix is in the pipeline (Q2)

51 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The handbrake will not auto release unless if the door was opened after you start the car (not 100% sure if you also need the seatbelt on as well)

I think you mean the doors need to be closed otherwise autohold will not release.

5 minutes ago, xman said:

I think you mean the doors need to be closed otherwise autohold will not release.

No, (on my Superb at least) if I get out of the car and leave the engine running (to open an electric gate at work) I get back in the car, close the door but the handbrake will not automatically release, I do not have my seatbelt on at this time as I am driving about 50 yards in a private yard.

• Like 1

Oooops!

3 hours ago, xman said:

From the delivery date, this car is likely to be a 1.5tsi, not 1.4tsi

The car is a Kodiaq Edition 7 seat 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG.

It was ordered as a 1.4 but took so long from placing the order to taking delivery (about six months) that it ended up a 1.5.

4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The handbrake will not auto release unless if the door was opened after you start the car (not 100% sure if you also need the seatbelt on as well)

Thanks Gizmo I'll see if I can duplicate the condition  by doing what you explained.

And thanks everyone for your help and support.

• Like 1

If the parameters for the auto-release of the electronic parking brake are not met (i.e. door open, seat belt unfastened etc.), you usually get a warning on the dash when attempting to set-off (expecting it to automatically release).

Make sure the drivers door is closed, your seatbelt is on, and that you haven't deactivated the auto-release (by pulling up and holding the button up), the button only requires a quick pull. If you have inadvertently deactivated the auto-release by holding the button up for too long, you'll need to manually turn off the electronic parking brake by pushing the button down, or you'll be trying to drive off with the brake still engaged...

image.png.d58ba93dcc752a067101af84fd7ab847.png

image.png.c53ac746a363182911cb69d9432622b0.png

On 10/02/2019 at 18:57, silver1011 said:

If the parameters for the auto-release of the electronic parking brake are not met (i.e. door open, seat belt unfastened etc.), you usually get a warning on the dash when attempting to set-off (expecting it to automatically release).

Make sure the drivers door is closed, your seatbelt is on, and that you haven't deactivated the auto-release (by pulling up and holding the button up), the button only requires a quick pull. If you have inadvertently deactivated the auto-release by holding the button up for too long, you'll need to manually turn off the electronic parking brake by pushing the button down, or you'll be trying to drive off with the brake still engaged...

image.png.d58ba93dcc752a067101af84fd7ab847.png

image.png.c53ac746a363182911cb69d9432622b0.png

“Should the Vehicle start to roll away when starting on a downhill slope, STEP ON THE ACCELERATOR OR SWITCH ON THE PARKING BRAKE”. Err I think foot brake would be more appropriate.

I can see it now.  I was was following the advise in my handbook you Honour!

Edited by Platlet