Citigo Xenon Headlights?

Toby7243

Has anyone had any luck upgrading their Citigo to Xenon headlights? Have been doing some research and found kits to convert the existing light cluster... But not sure if you can buy a pre-made cluster?

I'd love to do this to mine... But would have to make sure they're E-Marked/UK Road Legal.

1 hour ago, Tim1631 said:

Illegal. Have to be self levelling and have headlight projectors. 

The kit I found replaces the original lens with the fish-eye projector type.

Not sure if na actual new cluster is available. Was able to get hold of an LED backlight cluster, but struggling with the front.

Philips 12901HPX2 X-tremeUltinon H4 LED Headlights work extremely well within a 2019 SEAT Mii. There are question marks about legality, but my understanding is that so long as the vehicle has manual headlight leveling, and light output is less 200 Lumen - they do not technically break any laws.

On the Mii they provide a spread pattern pretty-much identical to stock halogen. However light is much whiter and the road-ahead is much clearer. At idle there is occasional (very slight) flicker, but neither my wife or kids can notice this. I think it is the 3-cyl engine / small alternator combo which induces slight voltage spokes at extremely-low rpm.

Fitting is simple, and light-output is almost as good as the Xenon's on my Octavia VRS. The LED's do not dazzle and I have not been flashed during the 3-months they have been used. I fitted them because the stock halogens were so poor compared to all other recent cars I have owned. They are much cheaper than retrofit Xenon's, but more expensive than budget Chinese LED's.

If you want a safer-option go for Osram Nightbreakers. They are brighter and less-yellow than standard halogens, but are prone to blowing every 12-18 months. LED's should last the cars lifetime.

Edited by Orville

6 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Yeah I’ve done a few sets now.

I sell them fully made up so you pick the style and design you want and I build them and post it to you as complete units.

Would be interested in that. Are they UK Road Legal/Will they pass an MOT?

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Philips 12901HPX2 X-tremeUltinon H4 LED Headlights work extremely well within a 2019 SEAT Mii. There are question marks about legality, but my understanding is that so long as the vehicle has manual headlight leveling, and light output is less 200 Lumen - they do not technically break any laws.

On the Mii they provide a spread pattern pretty-much identical to stock halogen. However light is much whiter and the road-ahead is much clearer. At idle there is occasional (very slight) flicker, but neither my wife or kids can notice this. I think it is the 3-cyl engine / small alternator combo which induces slight voltage spokes at extremely-low rpm.

Fitting is simple, and light-output is almost as good as the Xenon's on my Octavia VRS. The LED's do not dazzle and I have not been flashed during the 3-months they have been used. I fitted them because the stock halogens were so poor compared to all other recent cars I have owned. They are much cheaper than retrofit Xenon's, but more expensive than budget Chinese LED's.

If you want a safer-option go for Osram Nightbreakers. They are brighter and less-yellow than standard halogens, but are prone to blowing every 12-18 months. LED's should last the cars lifetime.

I had some Philips RacingVision, which popped after 3 months. Wasn't best pleased with that. Again, the legality is my biggest concern with LEDs. (Maybe I'm being over-paranoid, but I've only been driving 6 months so don't want to risk anything).

44 minutes ago, Toby7243 said:

Would be interested in that. Are they UK Road Legal/Will they pass an MOT?

They have a perfect & legal beam pattern. You can use halogen bulbs, xenon bulbs or LED bulbs so would be legal. 

Thats that side of things, if you wanted to get upset it’s illegal to use a hid kit if it didn’t leave the factory with it, same as any brighter bulbs, EGR deletes, low screen wash :D  etc etc!

• Like 1

I used to have a HID kit fitted to my old R-reg Polo. Same as up!/mii/citigo headlamps were using good old fashion H4 bulbs. As we know, it's a Hi/lo bulb with twin filament. Due to that, those HID bulbs never lasted for to long.

On my motorcycle, had MOT issues when it was fitted with LED H7 bulb as they were not producing a correct light pattern.

Being fed up with either of them I have discovered an Osram Cool Blue Intense and Cool Blue Boost (off-road use only). Although, second one being marked as an "off-road use only" I never had any issues with the MOT nor being flashed by oncoming traffic.

I would love to have a LED bulbs fitted to my headlights as I absolutely love the light colour they produce.

Edited by P3P5I

The bulbs need to be e stamped to be used on a road vehicle.

Read the side of the box and look at the e stamp on the bottom front left corner.

'' The LED retrofit light cannot legally be installed in on road vehicles.'' is printed on the side.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-12901HPX2-12901HPX2-Car-Light-Bulbs/dp/B0759RTSWT

Thanks AG Falco