Rear camber adjustment

gristy

Hi,

I've been a long time Skoda owner (Superb II), but have just purchased a 2015 Fabia (1.2 TSi SE) for my wife.

Does anyone know if the rear camber is adjustable on these Mk3 Fabias?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, gristy said:

Hi,

I've been a long time Skoda owner (Superb II), but have just purchased a 2015 Fabia (1.2 TSi SE) for my wife.

Does anyone know if the rear camber is adjustable on these Mk3 Fabias?

Thanks in advance

Rear camber is non adjustable, if you're getting uneven tyre wear, check pressures and check the rear axle for any bends/damage, and ensure the bushes are ok.

If all looks good, go somewhere that does a 4 wheel alignment check (personally i can vouch for Dexel if you're in or around Sheffield, 100% spot on perfect every time), as sometimes misaligned fronts can cause the rears to scrub.

Edit; Also, even if you're not taking backseat passengers or luggage often, set your rear tyres to 34-35 psi, they will wear much more evenly than with lower, and you won't notice any difference in ride (the passengers might ever so little). Dont worry about slightly lowered grip, the fronts will lose grip way before the rears, they're plenty sticky enough.

Edited by FabiaGonzales
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info/advice FabiaGonzales.

I had 4 wheel alignment checked as a precaution, as we only got it recently - not had it long enough to observe any wear (the tyres are all new).

The rear drivers side is out a bit. The range is 1.6 to 0.5mm, it is 0.1mm, the other side is at 1.2mm, so pretty much bang on.

Should I be concerned about this and get the axle and bushes checked? or perhaps leave it and observe wear over time?

Thanks

Edited by gristy

1 hour ago, gristy said:

Thanks for the info/advice FabiaGonzales.

I had 4 wheel alignment checked as a precaution, as we only got it recently - not had it long enough to observe any wear (the tyres are all new).

The rear drivers side is out a bit. The range is 1.6 to 0.5mm, it is 0.1mm, the other side is at 1.2mm, so pretty much bang on.

Should I be concerned about this and get the axle and bushes checked? or perhaps leave it and observe wear over time?

Thanks

I'm unaware of the meanings of most of the numbers, but both my rears were under 0.5mm, one was 0.2 and other 0.4.

If it was way out then i'd be concerned but it doesn't seem too far out of the ordinary.

You could try and get it checked as a safety check (free at skoda dealers like dm keith / blade etc) if you're still worried.

How many miles has the car got?

On a side note, I'm surprised the rears hadn't changed on mine, i had new wishbones fitted and alignment done, then hit a pothole a week later which blew out a front tyre and made the limp home interesting as the steering was pulling way to the left, had alignment done again and aside from new tie-rods on the front, the rear was exactly as it was the first time.

Sorry guys, it looks like i messed up and read the read-out wrong, so its the toe rather than the camber that is out.

Measurements are in mm, all positive. It's done just under 24k.

Should I be worried about this, if it's the toe rather than camber?

Thanks for your help.

Ideally the toe on each side should be equal and in spec, moving the front subframe around is how this is done - I’d guess that the equipment was set up correctly on the theoretical car centre line?

If the alignment equipment is clever enough it will compensate for any rear toe/thrust line figures when adjusting the front.

You don't see this in the printouts you can get with the job.

Thanks AG Falco

Thanks all for the feedback.

I can only assume the equipment was set-up correctly, it was at a local independent place with a good reputation.

I'll monitor the wear and see how it goes.