Software glitch?

I’ve got a couple of things happening 

first my headlight washers have gone from working every time I pull the washers stalk, to not working at all 

Then my ‘media’ Bluetooth selection keeps glitching, even when I’ve got a continuous good signal 

i returned to factory settings on the advice on here after my sat nav was glitchy 

Headlight washers shouldn’t work every time you pull the stalk. Default is the first time after starting then every 10th pull (I think). 

Have you made any VCDS changes yourself in the past?

Sorry to sound thick but what is a VCDS change?

we updated the software (I think?) which caused the sat nav to glitch, so were  advised to return to factory settings 

edit: we updated the maps at least 

Edited by Mee

Do you have auto lights? They get washed everytime when on usually. Then every 3 or 5 times when off. Probably noticed the difference now it's getting lighter.

• Like 1

I do indeed have auto lights, but they’ve gone from working ‘too much’ to not at all.

I’ve tried the five wipes and ten wipes thing and nothing 

Headlight washers will work only when lights are on. If you have auto lights and are trying this when it is too much light outside and lights are not on, then they will not work.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TonisT said:

Headlight washers will work only when lights are on. If you have auto lights and are trying this when it is too much light outside and lights are not on, then they will not work.

Ahhh I see 

makes sense now :thumbup:

better refill my washer fluid when I get home :D

For testing purposes just switch your lights on (two steps to the right not one), not auto and see if washers work.

Edited by TonisT
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TonisT said:

for testing purposes just switch your lights on (two steps to the right not one), not auto and see if washers work

Will do 100% if I’ve got enough washers fluid left before I get home :D

The headlamp washers also won't work once the washer fluid gets below a certain level. This is to preserve the fluid so that you still have some left to wash the windscreen when you are running low... 

• Like 1

I was running Very low on screen wash following my faff with it earlier :D 

edit - 3/4 of a big ready mixed container it took!

Edited by Mee