Crash sensors

Hi,

Unfortunately I managed to have a small bump with another driver who owns a Skoda Superb, Estate, 2014. I was hit on the passenger side, and the other driver, the drivers side. Anyway, after talks, we decided to not go through the insurance (Thank god) due to increase in premiums etc. The damage is minor and only body work repairs, both front wings damaged but don’t have to be replaced.

Unfortunately the other drivers airbag warning light appeared after the bump, but for the passenger side. (?) See fault code:

Fault 01222: Side airbag crash sensor, Passenger side - G180 - Open circuit/short circuit to B+

So my first question is, would the impact at such a low speed (5-10mph) cause the passenger side crash sensor to go off, or could this be caused by another problem? I’ve been reading through the forums and noticed some cars suffer with water damage etc. My second question, which is the most important - where is the sensor located? In the door, or under the seat? I’ve said that I’ll handle everything for the other driver, therefore I’d like to get rid of this warning light if possible. I’d prefer not taking it to a dealership and getting charged £150+ for a diagnostic when I’ve already diagnosed the problem, and then parts+labour on top. £300 seems steep for such a small issue! 

If anyone could help and pinpoint me in the direction of the sensors location, it would be much appreciated. The other driver has been very reasonable, and so I would like to get this sorted without the large cost. I’m already paying for repairs on both cars as is.

Thanks.

57F32908-B86A-4E29-BABE-48401EEA24B3.png

17 hours ago, wokwon said:

Hi there,

The sensor is inside the passenger door, behind the door card.

Good luck!

Capture.PNG

Is anyone able to get me the part number for 2 above. I have a problem with that sensor. I removed the door card and I couldn’t see a part number?

4DEDC395-8141-4508-8689-C2D123E46CB5.jpeg

Edited by paulbe

7 minutes ago, wokwon said:

It has 8K0 973 323 T written on it  which is a part number, but a VCDS scan would also tell you.

I thought that initially too, but that's just the p/n for the connector housing.

• Like 1

You'll need to scan with VCDS or VAS then I guess.  Unless you can find someone with ETKA that would tell you too.  

I understand it's possible to buy a 3 day pass to ELSA/ETKA online so that might be a way too.

I am going to try pick up a replacement tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can just replace it or will the error code need to be removed?

or does it have to be programmed I to the car?

I replaced the sensor and no luck... I still have the error. It looks like there is a wire broken in the door somewhere.

Has anyone any advice on how to access the wires? The rubber black cover by the hinge is easily disconnected at one side but I can only see 2 inches of wires. Then the wires run into the door panel and comes out in the middle of the door.

There is about 2 foot of wire which I cannot see, I assume this is where the break is.

If I could completely remove the rubber cover by the hinge I could get much better view, but that will not come over the large connector

• 1 year later...