A quick timeline of Skoda history

satire111

• 4 weeks later...

Cool!

Some really great looking vehicles before the 1000MB, the first Skoda I can identify with and have worked on/driven, I thought they were great for their time but what came after was pretty crap for a good many years until the Favorit and Octavia.

In fact was the Favorit any good? The Octavia certainly was and I am assuming that it was an evolution from the Favorit which I never really had any dealings with.

I remember in 2001 at a 7 owners pub meet one Sunday a pal drove up in his new car (he was a chauffeur) a MK1 Octavia Estate, "come and lok at this!" he said enthusiastically, I could not have been less impresssed but was polite and made the right noises, little knowing that 3 years later he would call me the night before I left the UK for good asking me if I wanted to buy it withh 188000 miles on the clock for a price I could not refuse, I had to unload my much bigger Alhambra and squeeze it all into the Octavia, part way into my journey to the south of France I realised why he had been banging the drum so much for so long about Skoda, 14 years later I begrudgingly scrapped it for an identical MK2 model, before I had never kept a car longer than a year or so, hope to stay with the current one another 15 years.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...