Retrofitted Cruise Control

Wondering if anyone has more of a clue than me! 

Just fitted cruise control stalks to my 2017 1.2 TSI Fabia but can’t work out how to activate it? As far as I can see I’m going to have to take it to a dealer? I’ve activated it on vcds but that doesn’t make it work and just brings up an exclamation mark by the cruise symbol and the EPC fault light? Does anyone also know what and where I put the activation code, activation number and PIN code, I’m fairly new to all this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Some photos are attached that might help.

Cheers!

30A1BDCC-9EDA-4176-9F68-A84B28F44E2A.jpeg

CE35EBBB-DAE9-4256-A4EA-D4854515DC03.jpeg

A392F3E1-E4B5-4C09-9CBE-CBF6B193C188.jpeg

Did you change that 00 value to 20 and save it?

Also have me checked that your car’s BCM can support CC and if necessary have you added wiring?

Edit:- the fact that the CC function symbol is now appearing must mean that you have changed some coding.

Edited by rum4mo

2 hours ago, rum4mo said:

Did you change that 00 value to 20 and save it?

Also have me checked that your car’s BCM can support CC and if necessary have you added wiring?

Edit:- the fact that the CC function symbol is now appearing must mean that you have changed some coding.

When I change the value from 00 to 20 and save it, that’s when it brings the symbol on, if I leave the value on 00 then my speed limiter works as normal.

Haven't checked the BCM so that’s something I’ll look into, however my car does appear to have all the hardware (like the accelerator pedal) which should theoretically make it work.

I'm just about to do the same...via a independent garage. 

So you've changed the stalk, and what is you BCM number? I had started another convo regarding my findings.

Can buy this code from EU skoda Parts. However feel that this code is generic.

7 hours ago, StemcellRob said:

I'm just about to do the same...via a independent garage. 

So you've changed the stalk, and what is you BCM number? I had started another convo regarding my findings.

Can buy this code from EU skoda Parts. However feel that this code is generic.

Failed. Looks like dealer would only be our answer.

trouble is, finding a good one that actually calls you back and sends the quote! 

• 1 month later...

All true, dealer only. I contacted 3 dealers, and 2 sent me to 3rd party - 1 was going to quote but was over £1500 and still waiting! Contacted Skoda UK to report the lack of any interest and they gave me codes and contacted a 4th dealer to success at below £500. 

1 hour ago, StemcellRob said:

All true, dealer only. I contacted 3 dealers, and 2 sent me to 3rd party - 1 was going to quote but was over £1500 and still waiting! Contacted Skoda UK to report the lack of any interest and they gave me codes and contacted a 4th dealer to success at below £500. 

Yeah it would appear finding a dealer to do it is the hardest part! Think I’m going to go the same way as you and contact Skoda UK. If you don’t mind me asking what dealer did you end up using as if it’s local to me I’ll give them a shout.

Another forum user recommended Willis motor, so pushed them and even visited them and now I’m just being ignored.

Alan Day on the A406 was the winner.

i would suggest regardless to check your BCM code (under steering wheel) and contact Skoda UK, they will take a couple of days but they will check the technical kit requirements and if Alan day need assistance, you can forward them the email from Skoda and then you’ll get the price for parts and labour.

Goodluck!

Hello. I have a 2016 1.0 75 hp Skoda Fabia 3 and I have the following question - can I activate Adaptive Cruise Control if I  have Cruise Control and Front Assist? Some one told me that I need the ACC special lever and some activations. But nothing alse. What do you say about this? 

I believe the ACC requires a different ABS module. The standard ABS module can only apply emergency braking in a fairly binary way- either full on emergency braking, or nothing at all. ACC requires much more subtle and variable braking. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello all, was wondering if you managed to get this sorted?, I'm about to start getting my wife's Fabia 1.2 hopefully converted to cruise control. Looks like the part itself has been omitted from the Skoda system, but it's still available online, a complete kit and instructions, but the activation code is extra. If anyone else can shine light on this, it would be appreciated. Can CC be fitted if the car has a limiter? TIA. 👌