skoda connect

Has any one out there in skoda land got any idears on how to get there Octivia to connect to the internet al all?
Ive been trying to do it through my phone but having no luck!

Any one got any clues at all?

After many many repeat attempts mine eventually worked with a Wi-fi hotspot on my iPhone, allowing me to enter the registration code. It has subsequently  worked about 10% of the time. It seems to need work.

Do you have an Amundsen? Mine used to connect up to my iPhone ok, but I didn't find it very useful.

For me: Slide down control centre, hold wifi, toggle personal hotspot on. The car would then connect fine.

I seem to remember reading there was an issue with iPhones on EE.  

I’ve got an iPhone and the Amundsen on the car. I dare say I’ll have to do a bit of playing about with it! 

The car play works no problem though!

1 hour ago, Stuart-h said:

I’ve got an iPhone and the Amundsen on the car. I dare say I’ll have to do a bit of playing about with it! 

The car play works no problem though!

It appears that if you have an iPhone AND you are on EE 4G then you will forever struggle to get it to connect reliably. It's a known problem apparently with EE's 4G network. So you can either turn off 4G and stick with 3G or, do as I did, and connect to another phone, in my case my company supplied Motorola Android on Vodaphone. Works like a charm! Having said all of that I rarely have any need to use any of the apps in Skoda connect LOL.

What are you hoping to utilise from it?

Generally, it doesn't do much particularly exciting, it's not something many people choose to renew once the trial period finishes

• Like 1

On 31/03/2019 at 09:02, Stuart-h said:

I'm on 02!

O2/Giffgaff (so networks thats use O2) work just fine.

The internet connection is useful probably only on the Nav for live traffic and online POI lookups and for picking up destinations I've set via the Skoda connect app on my phone.

I keep an old android phone with a giffgaff sim in with mobile hotspot perm enabled and powered off the boot rear 12v socket in the car. Sadly iphones tethering/mobile hotspots will always timeout with an active device using the connection- something that can be configured never to happen with Android.

Edited by Scotty72

I have used a "macro app" to overcome having to manually connect via hotspot. 

I think it is called MacroDroid. Using LG G6. 

Connects/disconnects at startup/leave car. 

Skoda Connect is just a 12 month freebie.

Currently battling with Skoda as told by sales rep and webchat it was 3 years only to get email asking for £40/50 to renew. 

£tenner maybe....

Edited by LanceyBoy

48 minutes ago, LanceyBoy said:

I have used a "macro app" to overcome having to manually connect via hotspot. 

I think it is called MacroDroid. Using LG G6. 

Connects/disconnects at startup/leave car. 

Skoda Connect is just a 12 month freebie.

Currently battling with Skoda as told by sales rep and webchat it was 3 years only to get email asking for £40/50 to renew. 

£tenner maybe....

I certainly won't be paying to renew after the first 12 months unless the price is dramatically reduced - it should be free in my view for the period of say the warranty i.e. 3 years. Given to do everything you can and would like to actually do is a proper cost option at car spec-ing time, sadly this is something that really is not made very clear by Skoda at all. I also have to provide and pay for my own internet connection for the car too so again they are providing a basic online service for quite a lot of money.

Edited by Scotty72

On 31/03/2019 at 08:42, Maggle said:

It appears that if you have an iPhone AND you are on EE 4G then you will forever struggle to get it to connect reliably. It's a known problem apparently with EE's 4G network. So you can either turn off 4G and stick with 3G or, do as I did, and connect to another phone, in my case my company supplied Motorola Android on Vodaphone. Works like a charm! Having said all of that I rarely have any need to use any of the apps in Skoda connect LOL.

+1 on this. Using a hotspot with my vodafone phone works fine. My iphone was BT Mobile (essentially EE).

My one connects perfectly with SG S8+ on Vodafone and using the mobile hotspot facility. 

But TBQH I don't find it that useful and most certainly won't be paying for a renewal unless it was dirt cheap. 

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1