Skoda se infotainment system

dipincoolwater

Hello All,

Testing my new karoq se infotainment with android auto. It keep disconnecting with my phone and is not consistent. Does anyone faced similar issue or should i check with my dealer since its a brand new car.

Sometimes it runs perfect however mostly it keeps disconnecting and attempt to ask for permission on the phone to connect. When i hit allow , it doesnt connect and loops back. Quite annoying it is.

Regards 

Are you using the cable that came supplied with your phone, or just a generic one? 

I've read on a few different manufacturer forms of people having issues until they use either a good quality cable or the one supplied with their device. 

Downlaoded the latest android auto version with only oem supplied cables from samsung s9 plus and one plus 3t.all original. The issue is still there and there is no specific reason or pattern when it disconnects..now when connecting my Samsung..it refuses to even recognize the usb connection...btw i have tried interchanging the cables as well.

Had issues with a few cables disconnecting. Currently using this from Amazon. Which works fine. 

It is USB C one end and my Google pixel XL fits in with the cover closed.

90 Degree USB 2.0 to Type C Right/Left Angled Male Cable Gold Plated USB C Extension Cord Data Transfer Sync lead (90°Type C-USB 3.0 A Right) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVWYXJ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UDsOCbKBBFTT3

11 hours ago, dipincoolwater said:

Downlaoded the latest android auto version with only oem supplied cables from samsung s9 plus and one plus 3t.all original. The issue is still there and there is no specific reason or pattern when it disconnects..now when connecting my Samsung..it refuses to even recognize the usb connection...btw i have tried interchanging the cables as well.

Some users have had problems with latest AA (4.1) and Samsung.

Don't know if it's relevant but if I enable Bluetooth close to the car the info screen and phone ( Sony Xperia L1 ) will not connect without messing about.

If I switch Bluetooth on well away from the car they connect no problem !! I have an SE L.

Thanks all i have just got another pair of usb..dint make any difference however am going to order the one told by mc6701 and shall update the results. I could notice oneplus to be much stable than samsung in my tests. Though in my humble experience of 14years as an IT techie, i notice couple of issues. One for sure aligns with the cable another it seems a permission issues which samsung keeps on asking once it disconnects. Will take one at a time :)

2 hours ago, dipincoolwater said:

Thanks all i have just got another pair of usb..dint make any difference however am going to order the one told by mc6701 and shall update the results. I could notice oneplus to be much stable than samsung in my tests. Though in my humble experience of 14years as an IT techie, i notice couple of issues. One for sure aligns with the cable another it seems a permission issues which samsung keeps on asking once it disconnects. Will take one at a time :)

Remember the one I linked was for a USB c as the input to the phone.

I also bought this one which also work and can used different connections depending on your phone. 

Short USB 3.0 Extension Cable, 90... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BPLYB26?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_20190326_151740.jpg

Just an update on the issue.. though i found the infotainment system to be a lil inconsistent since it does not start for atleast 30 to 40 seconds at times when i switch the ignition on..the above issue was caused due to cables movement from the phone end..i bought a phone holder which helps to keep the cable upright and drove around 500 miles with only 1 time disconnect due to pothole  .just wondering if i shoyld report it to skoda since this is a car which would obviously move and not sure this much sensitivity is desired. :)