New VRS owner + issues

hey

after 3 years with a 2013 octavia 3 combi, 150 hp dsg and 150 000 km on the clock, with modest equipment i bought a very nice diesel vrs with 85 000 km on the clock from 2016. it is such a nice car, lots of options compared to the old one and a very nice ride (rough but joyful).  i also attached some pictures, will add more.

couple of questions from my side:

- the lines of the reverse camera are fixed, they don't move with the steering wheel, is there any way to make them move?

- i have a small cracking/cricket noise somewhere in the middle left part of the interior, next to the steering wheel. i can hear it mostly on acceleration between 1500-1800 rpm and i can't find it's source. anyone with any hints?

thanks,

mihail

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Just now, SashaGrace said:

Regarding the camera you would need to upgrade to the highline camera to have moving lines and have the camera wiring plumbed in to the cars CANBUS systems. It's about €450 to get the parts.

thanks a lot, i guess i will stay with the current one then. just thought it can be done via vcds. by the way, nice car you have and the virtual cockpit is something spectacular. 

mihail

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

seems like the cracking noise comes from inside the A pillar, the one near the steering wheel, at the middle of it, close or near the place where the parking plastic transparent clip is. i can hear it between 1500-2000 rpm under acceleration in almost all gears. it sounds like a plastic or clip vibration proportional with low acceleration. anyone had it? it drives me nuts..

mihail

13 minutes ago, B711PAI said:

seems like the cracking noise comes from inside the A pillar, the one near the steering wheel, at the middle of it, close or near the place where the parking plastic transparent clip is. i can hear it between 1500-2000 rpm under acceleration in almost all gears. it sounds like a plastic or clip vibration proportional with low acceleration. anyone had it? it drives me nuts..

mihail

Could be the known fuel line issue.  I had it and had the clips replaced at Skoda.  They are just under the drivers door.

On 02/04/2019 at 15:12, SashaGrace said:

Regarding the camera you would need to upgrade to the highline camera to have moving lines and have the camera wiring plumbed in to the cars CANBUS systems. It's about €450 to get the parts.

Hey Sasha, Aliexpress seem to have some reversing cameras with dynamic lines similar to the one you fitted, I'm guessing they have some sort of internal sensor as they aren't wired into the CANBUS so can't detect the steering angle.

Bit of a bodge job you reckon ? or worth a go to see if it works.