Eunos roadster v-special , take 3

sharkrider

well, finally got myself a new mx5.... looked really good, turns out it was rotten ... I had a choice, either loose the £1800 i spent on it, or spend a shed loads more, getting it fixed and saving it....  I refused to be beaten, it needed a lot of welding, including a chassis leg! :O and a wiper mech, and some work on the lights.... it took a LOT of effort to find someone willing to take on the work, and even he said, if this was an old for ka or something , Id tell you to throw it away ... only because this will go up in value am I willing to do it...... so , all in £2500 ...... I then looked on the web for genuinley rust free v-specials in unmodded factory condition with all the right parts like mine, and was amazed to find them at about £4k ! :O happily this will only go up in value now... not many proper v-specials left... everything works now, including the VLSD, windows etc etc... 

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

• Like 2

Very nice Dave,

join the MX5 Owners Club and come to the first national meet in 3 weeks time at Elvington airfield.

• Like 1

Been caning it around like a loon today in the sun...its as rough as **** , but all mk1s are! (one of the reasons people say mk2s are better, more refined!) but been GREAT fun, what a hoot to drive! May yet find the love ;)

Excellent news! Thought I could spy something when I opened up your XC70 thread ;)

Enjoy it, I'm sure you will - who did you get to do the structural works?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wardy said:

Excellent news! Thought I could spy something when I opened up your XC70 thread ;)

Enjoy it, I'm sure you will - who did you get to do the structural works?

its very nice (Now! lol) done by a local bodyworks place, they have done mx5s before, and chassis leg repaires before ect 

• Like 1

been cleaning it today.... trying to keep on top of it, using poorboys black hole, it was resprayed 2 years ago, but its a bad job, I may wrap or dip it.... black hole is helping some of the finish... puts in a decent shine...

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4053.JPG

• Like 1

It now handles MILES better, starting to get used to it again after my last v-special.... the handling is amazing.... again, its getting used to the fact that there is ZERO understeer... it just grips and grips until the back goes at some point! lol...

5 minutes ago, mdk1 said:

Busy weekend for new tyres!

lol.. yeah.... most people just don't get tyres, and put cheap stuff on, or use stuff thats "legal" but actually ****ing dangerous! you know me, have to have my tyres right! and in the case of the eunos, its makes a huge difference!

• Thanks 2

An old guy told me once that 

"If it goes between you and the ground, dont be a cheapskate - a good mattress, a good chair, and good shoes will keep you in better shape than anything else"

I took that advice on board, and extended it to tyres... shoes for me car, cheap ones could put me in a "very unhealthy shape" and so i spend what i can afford on them.. people dont get it until you remind them theres about an A4 sheet of papers worth of that rubber keeping you out of the ditch at any given time.. it needs to be good rubber! Then they get it a bit better...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/04/2019 at 13:33, sharkrider said:

put x2 nice new falkens on, great dry ratings, asymmetrical mid range.

Which Falkens are they Sharky?

I'm pondering what do fit on mine when I get the wheels refurbed.

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

Which Falkens are they Sharky?

I'm pondering what do fit on mine when I get the wheels refurbed.

These http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZIEX-ZE310-EcoRun.htm As its barely going to be used in the rain, I chose a mid range with really good dry performance, cost £70 for x2 (£35 each!) 

• Thanks 1