2018 Skoda rapid cambelt change(not spacback).

Hi I have a 2018 skoda rapid 1.6tdi, it’s not the spacback, I use this car as a taxi and I’m wondering what the cambelt intervals would be for it, it’s done 34,000 at the moment, I’ve had mixed suggestions of 50.000 and 100.000 miles, thanks in advance 

The 'general rule' with the VW Group and brands is there is no 'General Rule'  for Fleet, private owners, world regions / countries or from year to year or decade to decade.

Ars3 and elbow.   A Service desk person at a Skoda dealership is not going to be any the wiser.

@Mattyb1982

Maybe ask Skoda UK Customer Services to ask the 'tech department' giving them your Reg No. / VIN, then post the reply to give us a laugh.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/04/2019 at 16:51, MickA said:

That sort of info should be in the handbook, I can't give you any clue as mine is a 1.2 petrol cam chain engine.

Hi..I too have a 1.2 TSI petrol cam chain. Do you know when or if the chain needs replacing?

I cant see anything in the hand book and there is no service booklet like there used to be. saying which parts are replaced at certain mileage. 

Have had the car from new with no issues, it's a 2014  with 105000 miles.

Cheers.

I think the key to these petrol engines is keep to the scheduled oil changes and correct oil, it does help with keep that cam chain in good nick.

I've done just 20k miles in my 1.2 TSi Toledo and changed the oil 4 times, a little OTT but it costs very against the price of replacing engine components through lack of proper servicing.

Yours seems to be doing well and at an high mileage, any unusual cam chain noise?

Although yours are both 2014, and should be fault free, it's a lottery with that 1.2 whether the turbo or camchain give trouble - or neither. My 2014 was serviced according to VW instructions but needed a turbo at 26k. 

I'd still have another, it's a lovely engine to drive.