sat nav not working

Good afternoon all

I have a 2011 twin door and my Columbus Sat Nav has decided to revert to a place in Germany, (I assume where built.) I cannot get the thing to relocate to my position, has anyone had a similar problem or know of any fixes?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sounds likely.

On the map screen press the Map button a second time and it opens the split screen. On this new screen touch the menu bar at the top and scroll down to "GPS Viewer", then tell us what it reports there. It'll be 2 numbers something like 0 / 11 or similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed the new antenna to Columbus unit, a dodle of a job. Until I started up the car and now has the air bag light has come on and suggests there is an airbag error.

Fitting new antenna: once the cover was removed I carefully unattached the passenger airbag clip to pull out head unit. Fit part and reversed the process.

i have tried switching off the passenger air bag in glovebox and the connection seems to work as ‘off’ symbol ignites, so not used over excessive force removing head unit cover.

i have removed the new item and still airbag light on. (I thought magnet on antenna may have played a part)

What could I have done or is it a coincidence. I cannot see how that cable causes an airbag issue.

either way any suggestions on a fix would be great

cheers in advance. Simon

Did you turn the ignition in with the airbag light disconnected (the clip in the trim surrounding the head unit)?

That's the usual cause of the airbag fault. Needs resetting with VCDS or diagnostics, or a trip to the dealers.

• Like 1