Octavia MK3 air con

Hi all ,new here . Have a problem with Aircon on a 1.6tdi MK3 Octavia 2014. Not getting cold at all. Compressor is engaging and had gas level is ok.

Should the radiator fan be on when Aircon is on? Isn't coming on on mine .

What settings are you using to test if it's working or not i.e. temp, fan speed, vent selection?

How long have you owned the car and do you know when the aircon was last re-gassed?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Russ77 said:

What settings are you using to test if it's working or not i.e. temp, fan speed, vent selection?

How long have you owned the car and do you know when the aircon was last re-gassed?

Had it set too lowest temp and fan on full through centre vents,it's not getting cold at all. 

Have car about two years, got gas level checked at weekend and they said it's ok .

3 minutes ago, Jamjonwat said:

Had it set too lowest temp and fan on full through centre vents,it's not getting cold at all. 

Have car about two years, got gas level checked at weekend and they said it's ok .

That does sound strange......  

If you go into the car section on the infotainment unit and select Conv. consumers does it show the air con is running?  While in that menu turn the air con on/off a couple of times to see if it shows any additional increase in fuel consumption.

If you know anyone who can hook you up to VCDS that might give you some clues as to where the problem is.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Russ77 said:

That does sound strange......  

If you go into the car section on the infotainment unit and select Conv. consumers does it show the air con is running?  While in that menu turn the air con on/off a couple of times to see if it shows any additional increase in fuel consumption.

If you know anyone who can hook you up to VCDS that might give you some clues as to where the problem is.

Yeah there is an increase in fuel consumption. 

Sorry I meant Car profile button I meant. 

10 seconds in - see on screen about air con 

Have you tried resetting the system. There’s other posts on here about that. 

No more suggestions up my sleeve. 

Check both. 

Keep us updated 

Thanks rybu, unfortunately my car hasn't them settings,I've a cheaper version!

Also have manual Aircon 

Will try and get it on vcds and get it scanned .

Edited by Jamjonwat

On 30/04/2019 at 13:13, KenONeill said:

Yes.

Are you sure?.  I've been under the bonnet of my car with ac on & the fan has not been running.

It's a totally different system from where the fan & compressor used to cut in & out 2 or 3 times a minute.

Rad fan action tends to occur whenever refrigerant pressure exceeds 9 bar as measured by G65 sensor (in my experience on older platforms but with variable displacement compressor). 

Depending on ambient temperature, engine/bay temperature and cooling demands this isn't always just a case of 'A/C on = fan running'.  The warmer the weather, and engine bay, and the cooler the aircon is set at, the more likely the fans will start up soon after the A/C is switched on.   And vice versa.