Skoda Superb facelift - plug-in hybrid option

3 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

As long as they keep the 272 4x4 option (or better it), I'll be having one to replace my Octavia vRS estate...been waiting for info.

Me too -- the good news is...

"The new Superb will be revealed in full during the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship, of which Skoda is the long-standing main sponsor, in Bratislava later this month. "

I thought it might not be launched until Frankfurt in September which would be too late for me (lease ends in September), so happy now :-)

Just spoke to my local dealer and he has no knowledge of the hybrid or even the face lift model being announced this month.

He does have details of release of both  in the autumn.

27 minutes ago, philsmith said:

Just spoke to my local dealer and he has no knowledge of the hybrid or even the face lift model being announced this month.

He does have details of release of both  in the autumn.

Dealers are mostly clueless and don't seem to know anything until they arrive on the forecourt on a transporter... :dry: and even then...

I was told by an eager salesman in a showroom when looking at a facelifted petrol Octavia vRS back in 2017 that "...this is the 4x4 version too".

To which I replied, "if this is a petrol 4x4 I'll give you a deposit right now..."

"Oh wait, let me just check..." followed by an :blush: face...

• Haha 1

Im hoping to replace my March 16 plate with the PHEV - but that title of "Refreshed executive hatchback will offer a plug-in hybrid option for the first time " is great news, but i want an estate !

Im hoping the order books open in some form of another by September /October time.

Errrmmm

Someone on Autocar made a very good point earlier 

Why is the PHEV coupled to the 'old' 1.4ltr engine and not the new 1.5ltr TSI engine ?

Is this 3 year old technology (from the GTE) now available to Skoda ? 

Also could the dealership be right ?

Yes it's unveiled later this month  when the books open but deliveries are not scheduled till Q4 of this year ?

And yes @RickTT it better come Estate form as well or I am out and moving to another brand as the V90 Cross Country is currently ticking all the boxes apart from measuring up my pooches in the boot ....

Edited by Zenbasses
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

VW could not get the 1.5 TSI 150ps EVO ACT right.  

They messed up big style.......

Oh ? I did not know this .

Interesting

I wonder what the stumbling blocks were ? 

Heads of Engineering retiring / being dismissed before being arrested, and others jumping ship, and the Software Engineers and Contractors supplying software being little cheaters most likely 

then the WLTP and RDE and now the next stage of WLTP.

As it is a Plug in Hybrid will hardly make economic sense in the UK for Business users. 

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 20.33.30.png

2 hours ago, Skoffski said:

As it is a Plug in Hybrid will hardly make economic sense in the UK for Business users. 

Im not sure about that.. the proposed co2 below 50 and if the EV range can be pushed out a bit more would see some good BIK savings.

Surely the next UK Prime Minister or Chancellor like Philip Hammond MP or Michael Gove MP will not allow the Implausible /Irregular / fake C02 h/km figures that Plug in hybrids get under WLTP / RDE testing to allow 'Tax Breaks',

As they know if they are not running on electric they are polluters running the ICE engines on petrol.

Cars sitting taking up charging places that are needed for the EV's that are needed on roads if the UK is to reduce pollution.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/new-car-sales-fall-april-plug-hybrids-hardest-hit

If the 'Smart tech' GPS ensured that when in Town / Village / City limits they only ran with the Engine off that would be a different matter.

If the cars are 'inhibited' if they are never being plugged in and charged at low electric demand periods then there might be less that run the over heavy / large gas guzzlers  with just them and no load just to be able to park free or get into Low Emission Zones.

VW had all the gear and an idea, but Plug in hybrids not getting plugged in or more about the need for speed than being Green is a con.

Edited by Skoffski