Skoda Electric Models

vrskeith

They might expect them not to sell but there are ones ordered.  To get your £2,500 paid to the Dealer not you then you need to stay below the £35,000.    There are orders in from buyers in Scotland to get the interest free deal from the Scottish Government.    For anyone wanting a  VW ID3 and they can order from Motability there are great offers for low Advance Payments.  The Enyaq might be on the list soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen plenty ID.3 & a few ID4.,s about in Scotland & all just a driver or driver and passenger aboard, no Enyaqs yet though. 

The cars Range Tests would be great to see with the equivalent of a 'Global Family' in the car, or even just say 4 full size adults and the boot brimmed & with the car interior heated or cooled to suit passengers in the car and not just a driver.

Maybe even one with a towpack fitted and a bike rack on the rear with 3 or 4 bikes being carried.

Edited by e-Roottoot

@Luckypants 

Which flavour of ID.4 do you have, (Power / Battery)

and what wheels fitted and have you found out yet the sort of range you can expect on your own or with people / dogs and stuff onboard?

3.1miles/kwh is about as much as i get on 60/70 mph roads on my own with roof bars / bike rack on and no bike, and winter tyres in warmish weather.

Corsa, 100kw, 50kwh battery, about 48kwh usable. Then Charging just to 98% does not give a great range.

So 3.3 about the best on 50/60 mph Average Speed Camera trips of 30 miles.

2.7 on Motorways / Dual Carriageways.

Much less when colder and with a passenger or 2.  

Edited by e-Roottoot

On 13/05/2021 at 12:39, e-Roottoot said:

@Luckypants 

Which flavour of ID.4 do you have, (Power / Battery)

and what wheels fitted and have you found out yet the sort of range you can expect on your own or with people / dogs and stuff on board?

I have a 1st Edition as these are the only ones on the road at this point. 

VW ID.4 1st Ed Pro. 82kWh battery, 77kWh usable. 150kW motor RWD. 125kW charging. 

20" wheels. 

I'm happy I'll get 250 miles loaded in good conditions, but have not done any long trips yet. Longest trip so far of 130 showed 3.8 m/kWh but that run always gives good economy due to many 50 limits. 

Longterm average over 2000 miles is 3.2 m/kWh 

Edited by Luckypants
Charging speed
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crazy prices these days but people will rent them the running costs are low.

This Asking Price more than the starting price of a Coupe might give an idea of what the Coupe with options might get to. 

The one ordered in that might become the Demonstrator if not bought after being in the showroom for a quarter. 

Screenshot 2022-02-11 20.30.21.jpg

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/05/2021 at 12:24, Luckypants said:

Well I can offer 4 adults and two dogs in an ID.4... fairly short trip of 40 miles each way which is about 2/3 dual carriageway.  3.1 miles/kwh

That's not bad at all at 3.1 miles/kWh.

Doing anything to preserve energy or just driving as normal with regenerative braking?

1 minute ago, cheezemonkhai said:

That's not bad at all at 3.1 miles/kWh.

Doing anything to preserve energy or just driving as normal with regenerative braking?

Blimey, that was a while back. IIRC it was a trip to Bodnant Gardens with the grown up step-kids. It would have been driving normally with auto (or intelligent?) regen set, driving to speed limits and with climate set to 19C. Since then I've done many more miles in the ID.4 and I'm able to get better efficiency as I've learnt to drive to its strengths. I'd be disappointed with less than 3.3 miles/kWh now.

FWIW our recent touring holiday of the Highlands, covering 1866 miles averaged 3.4 miles/kWh. Probably around 700 miles of motorway in that, another 700 odd on two lane A roads and the rest on single track. Two adults, two dogs, luggage for all including buggy for the old dog.

I get that you'd want better now.

However jumping into a car and driving it like a normal car and keeping cool and still getting 3.1 means thinks are looking pretty good should we decide to carry on down the EV route.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

• 1 month later...

2026 or later car, streamlined low front area, saloon shape, 200kW FWD, 89kWh battery………. Only 370 miles expected WLTP range. 

Feels like efficiency is about same as my 2022 model year fat faced Tesla SUV, ~78 kWh battery and 330 miles WLTP. 

Why aren’t they using the RWD MEB platform? ID3 is said to be pretty efficient. 

If Skoda can have a New EV for sale in UK Dealers before the end of 2026 for under £20,000 they are amazing.  Maybe less than £20,000 for the car and must be on credit with a 50% APR.

The UK is where the GBP is the currency used. 

They must have Diane Abbott doing their accounting & Derren Brown their media releases.

They might as well start building Skoda Citigo iV's again for the UK if materials / batteries are so cheap 

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/skoda/304438/new-electric-skoda-suv-to-cost-less-than-ps20000

• Like 1

Funny enough, in my Email to the Skoda sales declining Enyaq, apart from a rant about bad public charging, I did mention if there is an electric Fabia we'll be interested to replace our Nissan Leaf. As long as it gets 5 seat belts, we would be interested for one to function for school run and kiddy taxi.

This is to be smaller and cheaper than the Fabia sized one so 5 seats unlikely.

No idea why Skoda are so keen to show what they can build sometime maybe when they can not get enough MHEV & PHEV out just now or even the EV's with all components fit for purpose as with ones members here are not collecting till fixed.