Skoda Electric Models

vrskeith

26 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@lol-lol The EV interest free loan for private buyers up to £35,000 for 6 years is still available in Scotland.

Help for businesses buying Electric Goods vehicles as well.

England could learn from Scotland and Dundee.

Any news on your Corsa ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@lol-lol Thankfully not PDI'd or Registered and not with me yet.

Loving lockdown as is helping me save for fun fun fun in the future, routes planned around free rapid charging points.

Long may the slow uptake of those driving EV's last.

My garage re-opens on Monday and now they are part of Hills Kidderminster/Malvern and therefore Ford and Ford seem slow to EV excepts for the Mustang thing which is a nidge of £40K  so they need to bring in a sub £40K version ASAP. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad I didn't watch the launch event live, that was tedious! 😴 Autogefuel review was interesting.

The car is bigger than I expected and the base price is not too bad, definitely one to look at in the future.

I was hoping for a faster charging speed to be announced.  To me the biggest problem with EV's isn't so much the battery range but how long it takes to recharge when they run out.  It'll be less of a problem when more places have destination chargers.  I looked at EV's in 2018 when I last changed my car and decided to get a diesel Yeti because I felt the cost, range, charge speed, and charger availability weren't quite where they needed to be for my circumstances.

I thought at that time, based on expected EV developments, 2025 would be about right for me to consider an EV, and it's looking like that's going to be a pretty good guess.

I'm not worried about the charging speed, although the standard 50Kw DC charging for the Enyaq is a bit disappointing. As most folks will charge at home, so full battery at the start of each day. For road trips, 200+ miles between charges (realistically 4 hours driving) will be enough to charge at my usual break times. Driving non-stop to the Alps is no something I do anymore, so charging  is not such a big issue.

For the Enyaq I would have to spec the optional 100/125Kw DC charging to allow the car to charge fully during a lunch stop. Note that Tesla / I-Pace / E-Tron / Kia / etc. already have that kind of charge speed, so making it optional on Enyaq seems a bad move by Skoda.

@widdershins

The 50kWh chargers are available in Scotland, the issue is getting to them when others are there leaving their cars once the charging has completed.

More and more EV's that can charge at 100kWh or the 125kWh etc. but no suitable chargers for that rate of charging.

Also the Tesla drivers using ChargePlace Scotland chargers free while the Tesla chargers stand un-used.

This week my issue has been Hybrid Edinburgh Cabs sitting charging to 95% when the speed of charging has dropped meaning they are tying the charger up for a long time.

I have just passed on by at a few locations around Edinburgh and gone to were people are being sensible and taking the charge they need to continue for that day or journey.

*People are not using PlugShare or ZapMap to 'check in or check out' at chargers, or even to report faults.*

I have spoken to 'fleet users' at chargers that know nothing about the cars they are driving or the charging and just use the car they get given and never report faulty chargers other than to their Council Employer or whoever, and they certainly are not reporting the faulty ones.

Card readers are often not working and there are 'Staff' using cars that never knew they can call ChargePlace Scotland and get them started.

@Luckypants

An issue that EV Manufacturers just as ICE vehicles ones need to address is people getting cars and the spec not being obvious new or used.

There needs to be obvious Factory Specs,  so that people know they just got in a FWD, RWD, AWD etc.

Too often dealers do not even know what is what and what standard or optional spec vehicles have.

With EV's some sales people seem to just to be totally clueless on charging and Slow, Fast, Rapid and actual Rapid / vary quick charging.

The WLTP stuff is just a nonsense that is going to catch many drivers or buyers out.

Even more fiction with cars empty or loaded than current ICE vehicles.

Edited by e-Roottoot

? Has there been an Official announcement from Skoda that they have discontinued production of the Citigo IV, or is it just the production is suspended currently.  Has anyone got a link to the Skoda Press Release if there is one?  EDIT. There is a link now posted by a member in the Citigo section and iV thread of the Autoexpess article on CITIGO iV no more!!!

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

£37k for entry level...... while entry level ID3 is £32k. 

Is there going to be a Skoda version of ID3? I'd love a Octavia-like version of ID3 for £30k. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, e-Roottoot said:

Entry level under £35,000 then get the £2,500 Government Grant in the UK.

The entry level model that they expect to never sell - the oldest trick in the book of car marketing!

Edited by PetrolDave