Sagging front suspension??

Does anyone know if there are problems with the front suspension sagging on the mk1 VRS?

I have just bought one and it appears very low on the front but high on the rear.

1 hour ago, 6potstew said:

Does anyone know if there are problems with the front suspension sagging on the mk1 VRS?

I have just bought one and it appears very low on the front but high on the rear.

That or (and this happens a lot) the rear springs broke and were replaced with non-vRS ones, which set the ride height higher. Or both front springs have broken right up at the pig tails.

So are there any noises from the front end going lock to lock? If so, then you need to inspect the tops of both front springs very carefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

That or (and this happens a lot) the rear springs broke and were replaced with non-vRS ones, which set the ride height higher. Or both front springs have broken right up at the pig tails.

So are there any noises from the front end going lock to lock? If so, then you need to inspect the tops of both front springs very carefully.

I had the wheels off yesterday and inspected the springs and they all look fine.  I have noticed a bottom arm bush starting to go on the passenger side.

I had saggy, knackered front springs on my vRS Estate until they were changed...for non-vRS ones! :D The vRS sits ~15mm lower (but please correct this if it's wrong) than a regular 2WD Octavia so fitting normal Octavia springs will make it look like it's wearing stilts! 

I see you have the estate too (great choice! 😉). The ride height at the rear may be a bit higher than the front to compensate for any loads being lugged but this does seem to vary depending on the history of the car. 

People often fit MK4 Golf springs/shocks as the sellers website says they are compatible, while they are from the same basic platform, the suspension is Octy specific

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...