Cobham Services (M25) meet - Wednesday 26th June, 8pm

After recently chatting to and meeting up with a few other members we decided to setup a meet and extend the invite to all like-minded enthusiasts and Brisky members.  Just park up, grab a drink/bite to eat if you like and spend a couple of happy hours chatting about cars and comparing mods 😊

When

Wednesday June 26th, 8pm

Where

Cobham Services, just off the M25 near J10 (A3)

https://www.extraservices.co.uk/locations/cobham-services/

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=51.304221,-0.405724&z=12&t=m&hl=en-GB&gl=US&mapclient=embed&cid=6337041342063100095

To remain discreet and stay out of the way of others please park at the furthest end of the car park as you arrive, here if possible:

722134040_Screenshot2019-05-15at13_44_21.png.f47599dd86ec4e6e82ee662d63e325ff.png

Hopefully see some of you there!

@Ads230 @clix

Jay (Meteor Grey mk3 Octavia vRS estate)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ads230 said:

Will be there 😎 

@Chris245 - nearby to you?

Adam

Yeah is to me, sounds good and yeah should be ok to get there.

one question, would a pub not be better? Just a thought and not raining on any parade 🙂

10 hours ago, Chris245 said:

would a pub not be better?

Image result for it's a bold strategy cotton meme Potentially :) - but I think @jaygemson's initial thoughts were dependent on final numbers & Cobham was relatively central. 

Definitely free to suggest a few places though... pub > Nandos

• Like 1

On 15/05/2019 at 21:48, Chris245 said:

Yeah is to me, sounds good and yeah should be ok to get there.

one question, would a pub not be better? Just a thought and not raining on any parade 🙂

Great! Be good to meet you 👍🏻

Pub definitely trumps a service station, but this isn’t any service station 😂 It’s like a shopping mall of restaurants, the car park is humongous and it’s easy to find/get to.

Just now, jaygemson said:

Great! Be good to meet you 👍🏻

Pub definitely trumps a service station, but this isn’t any service station 😂 It’s like a shopping mall of restaurants, the car park is humongous and it’s easy to find/get to.

This is true....but does it sell beer? 🧐

• Like 1

On 15/05/2019 at 14:42, jaygemson said:

After recently chatting to and meeting up with a few other members we decided to setup a meet and extend the invite to all like-minded enthusiasts and Brisky members.  Just park up, grab a drink/bite to eat if you like and spend a couple of happy hours chatting about cars and comparing mods 😊

When

Wednesday June 26th, 8pm

Where

Cobham Services, just off the M25 near J10 (A3)

https://www.extraservices.co.uk/locations/cobham-services/

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=51.304221,-0.405724&z=12&t=m&hl=en-GB&gl=US&mapclient=embed&cid=6337041342063100095

To remain discreet and stay out of the way of others please park at the furthest end of the car park as you arrive, here if possible:

722134040_Screenshot2019-05-15at13_44_21.png.f47599dd86ec4e6e82ee662d63e325ff.png

Hopefully see some of you there!

@Ads230 @clix

Jay (Meteor Grey mk3 Octavia vRS estate)

A couple of things to bear in mind:

• If you are there for more than 2 hours the ANPR will issue you a parking ticket (maximum free stay is two hours).
  • The area around where you have highlighted is used for HGV overflow parking at night.
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2019 at 10:16, Gizmo said:

If you are there for more than 2 hours the ANPR will issue you a parking ticket (maximum free stay is two hours).

Looks like Extra may have upped it to 3 hours (Welcome Break website gives conflicting info) - but great point, may need to pay for parking when inside...

On 18/05/2019 at 10:16, Gizmo said:

The area around where you have highlighted is used for HGV overflow parking at night.

I usually hit first right when entering the car park at Cobham, and drive along for a bit as it's usually a more secluded area ('10-11 o-clock' direction on the map above - where the orange-looking van is). 

That might be a better area for a smaller group?

• Like 1

Thanks for the head's up @Gizmo.

We'll be mindful of the time limit when we're there to avoid issues, but I reckon 2 hours is plenty on a school night anyway 😊

As for the meeting area, as I can't edit my original post let's aim for the area I've highlighted to avoid confusion, and if it's busy or has HGVs we'll head for the spot suggested by @Ads230 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a month since chatterings on here - do we know final attendees for this?

Bit aggy since the car-wash facility near our flat is being used to store a ship container full of builders' equipment either side, so I may turn up with dutty wheels - less than optimal. But I will be there 😎

Hey Ads!

Yep, we're still game on.  At the moment it's just yourself, Chris, me and a mate of mine in an RS3 who's tagging along.  One chap who was originally confirmed has now sold his vRS but might come down anyway.  You never know though, we may get a few lurkers along too 👍

• Like 1

Awesome. I'm still aggy as it'll be first time I've turned up to a meet without a washed car and the engine covers are still not finished 😒. I'll drive around to find you guys in CP, then 'Spoons I guess? 

No worries @Ads230, certainly won't be any judgement from here that's for sure.  I only managed to finish cleaning mine in the dark at 10pm last night after the family holiday last week left it looking very second hand, and it was touch and go as to whether I was going to even manage that!

Nice one @Chris245.  Looking forward to meeting you!

Might be quite an intimate meet but I'm looking forward to it anyway 👍

Great to meet you gents this eve ☺️👍 my list of Wants and To-Do’s is even longer now. Defs was a bit of ‘spool’ on the way out from you both @Chris245 and @jaygemson 👌 lovely stuff. Should do again soon - but with actual Pub this time 😉