skoda octavia wrong fuel consumption

Hi I am new in the forum

I have Octavia mkIII  2.0 TDI 2014 and the last 10 days I have wrong fuel consumption

I used to have 5.5 to 5.8  now is 7.5 and is the same driving

And when the car is switch on and the gear is on P the fuel consumption is rising up , can go up to 20 and sometimes more I used to do 750 full tank now is 650😵😌

Something is no good

And the rpm is normal

Can u help me please

I'm guessing the quoted consumption data is taken from the cars display? In which case they aren't always accurate.

Try making a manual calculation (fill the car up, reset the trip meter, drive until the fuel light comes on, note the mileage, fill the car back up, note the litres of fuel used to fill the tank, use this together with the mileage and calculate your miles per gallon, or kilometres per litre).

The fact you're now covering less miles to each full tank is suggesting something has changed recently.

Has the car been recently serviced?

When was the cambelt last replaced?

When was the fuel filter last changed?

The car need 5000km more for the next service

Cambelt replaced before  4 months 20/2/19

Fuel filter replace before 5 months 

The problem is when the car is in P

And the engine is running the fuel consumption is going up!!!

3 minutes ago, Zak6228 said:

The problem is when the car is in P

And the engine is running the fuel consumption is going up!!!

Well it will do, because the engine is running, so it's burning fuel but you're not moving. So your average fuel consumption will go up and up, more and more the longer you sit there stationary with the engine running. 

It's impossible for this not to happen.

The more you do this, the worse your fuel economy will get. 

Yes it's normal that your average fuel consumption will continuously increase if you are stationary with the engine running. 

Think it through logically, it's a measure of how much fuel you use to travel 100km. If that would normally use 5 litres of fuel, you'll see 5l/100km. If you sat and burned 5 litres of fuel without moving first, then you've used 10l/100km.

As the cars display is live, it's updating continuously though, rather than waiting for you to drive 100km, so the numbers will look extreme and increase constantly if you aren't moving but the engine is running. 

Is the first time I have this consumption ,it start 5 days ago

I have the car for one year now  and never have this consumption

Thanks

In Cyprus we have some petrol station that they mix engine oil with fuel and they selling to us😌😌😌😌😌😌😤

1 hour ago, Zak6228 said:

Is the first time I have this consumption ,it start 5 days ago

I have the car for one year now  and never have this consumption

Thanks

Were you looking at the long term figures before ?