New rear shockers

My trusty standard Roomster petrol suspension gets a pretty good kicking over here on the harsh road conditions  in Northern /Ireland and i need to replace the rear shocks set shortly.

A national car factors are offering heavy duty Monroes suitable for the Scout model for nearly the same price as a standard decent quality set.

Obviously they will fit and with give me a firmer ride. What do you guys with more knowledge than me think, good idea or not ?

Regards

I have active Monroe OEspectrum sport rated shocks on my Fabia which do give a firm ride. I have made it firmer by fitting Polyflex PU  bushes.

And find they handle the pot holes really well, though the ride can be a bit harsh. And no bottoming out over speed bumps which are quite high where I live. The firmness does improve the handling in fast corners.

The OEspectrum s are a Active shock available in standard setting.

Edited by Kenrw8
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kenrw8 thanks for the info, I have now found some suppliers Amazon can not get them for a month or so.

It seems odd that the rears are more expensive than the fronts.

I am interested in them to improve the ride comfort, my 94 year old mother in law needs cosseting. Did you find any improvement in the ride?

Yes, I did notice less roll on bends and motorway driving was much smoother also less bounce after hitting pot holes.

Edited by Kenrw8

Thanks for replies. Sourced two roomster scout shocks  through the "Micks garage" web site. dely was the next day. Shocks £79 dust cover and sleeves £32

Changed them out at 40k due to the continual wet environment they live in.

So what's the verdict.. much firmer and in control ride, but certainly not harsh in any way.