Car Cleaning products

Ash007ks

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/8-styling-and-car-care/

You might enjoy this section of the forum!

I currently use AG Polar Blast for prewash, though since watching some great testing by Forensic Detailing on YouTube I'll be going to Bilt Hamber Auto Foam next. 

It doesn't give you the pretty foam but the cleaning and rust inhibition combined put it head and shoulders above the others for me. 

Following that I'm generally a fan of Meguiars and Bilt Hamber products, using either Megs Gold Class shampoo or Ultimate Wash and Wax if it's just quick wash. Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels is fantastic. Megs Endurance Tyre Gel.

For more decontamination I use AG Intensive Tar Remover and a Farecla G3 Clay Mitt. 

Going to use a Bilt Hamber clay bar for the first time later this week, then seal with Bilt Hamber wax polish.   Hoping it gives lasting results!  Your car above looks stunning by the way....

2 minutes ago, stubev156 said:

Going to use a Bilt Hamber clay bar for the first time later this week, then seal with Bilt Hamber wax polish.   Hoping it gives lasting results!  Your car above looks stunning by the way....

Just a couple of tips I've found, is make sure you use a good fallout remover to get rid of the iron particles on the paint and then use plenty of quick detailed or clay lube with the clay and avoid putting it on it direct sun as it's a bleeder to get off.

I'll show you how it came from the dealers 😂👀 its had a life of 5 quid car washes and dealership cleaners before me.

IMG-20190523-WA0008.jpeg

I also have a black Octavia, certainly wasn't in a condition as bad yours though! The after shot looks stunning though, good job. Here are my favourite products:

Pre-wash - Use a Bowdens snow foamer with Concourse Snow. Have tried Gyeon Foam, AG Polar Blast and Megs Gold Class but Concourse is the best. Leave to dwell for 5 minutes or so.

2 Bucket Method - I have used Bowdens Nanowash which is fantastic, now using Poorboys Slick and Suds with a Concourse Cloudburst MF mitt. Also a grit guard - it's easy to see why these are so important. I usually dry it with a Bowdens big green sucker and a drying aid such as Afterglow.

Clay bar- I only need to do this yearly. Used a Chemical Guys fine clay bar with Bowden's detail spray. I also used Autoglym Magma or Carpro IronX to remove iron fallout. I also just bought a clay mitt to try next time.

Polishing - I didn't have any huge defects, just swirls. The best combination was a DAS6 DA polisher with Lake County blue and orange cutting/polishing pads with Menzerna 2400 and 3500 polish respectively, although it really didn't need the second stage as the paint is hard and not fussy like some other solid paints. Tip: don't even think about getting Chemical Guys V-line of polishes, you might as well be polishing with water and sprinkling chalk everywhere afterwards. It's terrible. I also once gave it a going over with Autoglym SRP and a finishing pad, it came up really nice and masked the swirls for a month or two.

Wax/Sealant- Chemical guys Pete's 53 looks great and lasts a surprisingly long time if you're gentle with the maintenance washes. However, I've never got a better finish than CG butter wet wax. The car just looks like it's dripping and almost glows in the sunlight, it brings out the metallic flake very well. It's also very easy to apply. I also tried CG Black Light but was not impressed. I'd like to try some other waxes so I bought some Collinite to try at a later date. I also use Bowden's After Glow as a drying aid which gives a great shine and pretty good protection.

Windows- I just use Autoglym Fast Glass with a MF towel, folded, and flip to buff off. Works fine.

Engine bay- PoorBoys APC or Bowdens Agent Orange removes all the dust, followed up with Zaino's tyre and trim protector - I like it because of its a non-greasy formula and gives a matt/satin finish to the plastic trim.

Tyres- I've tried Autoglym tyre gel (lasts a long time but too hard to apply) and Autoglym spray on tyre finish but settled on Zaino's tyre and trim protector.

Alloys-  Concours Purge reactive wheel cleaner works fantastic, allow it to dwell for a couple of minutes and the hose off, followed by a scrub with some wheel woollies, a soft bristle brush and a separate bucket with Megs Gold Class soap. Then I seal with Bowdens slick finish.

Interior- Carpets/seats/trim- I use Autoglym interior cleaner for the carpet and trim, with a stiff brush for the carpet and a soft bristle brush for the trim and steering wheel. I use Meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner for the steering wheel and leather trim, seems to work OK. Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber protector goes onto the plastic trim and gives a nice matt finish after its buffed with an MF towel. I haven't touched the Alcantara though, not sure how to clean it and besides it has a protective coat on it anyway from the dealer.

By the way, I don't think Bowden's is available outside of Australia, but hopefully, they start exporting soon because their products are really good for the average enthusiast and reasonably priced. Their microfibres are the best in the business though.

IMG_20190526_083822.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, StealthRS245 said:

IMG_20190526_083822.jpg

Those wheels really do suit the black car really well. Are they off a golf ?

The auto guy enduro gel, I've got an old hard sponge wax applicator that i got with the fuss wax that would have been way too course to use on my paint. Or depending on the tyre style i have a tyre brush that is made for cleaning tyres, both allow easy and quick application.

I would definitely recommend Fusso King of Gloss to you, not that you get much rain in Australia 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2019 at 17:32, Ash007ks said:

Those wheels really do suit the black car really well. Are they off a golf ?

I would definitely recommend Fusso King of Gloss to you, not that you get much rain in Australia 

Correct, the wheels are Pretorias, from a Golf R. Yes I would love to try Fusso but no-one sells it here. Might be able to get it from Amazon eventually 

• 3 weeks later...

I've today tried the NXT car shampoo. Have to say it works exactly as it says, however i don't believe i get as good a clean on the paintwork as i would from Iron X car shampoo, Snow foam. 

Just ordered a few new Chemical guys products today to try as well and will report back on my findings. I heard a lot of rage about the Blacklight glaze so thought id give it a bash, ordered some chemical guys fabric cleaner and a brush attachment for the drill to give the seats a good going over.

20190620_163311.jpg