Skoda VRS MK3 mats

Just popped into Skoda today to see how much the genuine mats for the VRS are as mine didn't come with them and nearly had to have an ambulance to pick me up when i was told how much.

£72 Inc VAT. but they assured me this is for all four mats.

Has anybody got the mats off eBay for £25 where you can choose the piping etc ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not for the Octy but I have purchased from CarMats4u before.

A couple of sets from 2010 are still looking good and my dad was pretty happy with the ones I picked up for his Honda. In both cases quality was a marked step up.

EDIT: "Luxury" or "Exclusive" from here: https://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car-mats/skoda-car-mats/skoda-octavia-1996-2217/skoda-octavia-2013-onwards.html

Edited by uchuff
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gregoir said:

Only a general answer, but I find oe mats  last much longer than cheapos.

Agreed, although premium aftermarket mats can still be cheaper and better quality than oe. Carmats4u make some oe mats. 

Edited by uchuff

2 hours ago, Ash007ks said:

Just popped into Skoda today to see how much the genuine mats for the VRS are as mine didn't come with them and nearly had to have an ambulance to pick me up when i was told how much.

£72 Inc VAT. but they assured me this is for all four mats.

Has anybody got the mats off eBay for £25 where you can choose the piping etc ?

I bought from this company for our Mk4 Golf GTI.  Impressed with the quality and service. 

https://www.carandvanmats.co.uk/

Quality wise, no different to OEM....possibly better

Edited by penguin17

I bought a set off ebay with vrs logo on ,came from a company in skegness that manufacture factory fit mats think i paid 37 quid and i was well happy with them ,good quality and you only put your mucky boots on them lol

This is the place I get mats from: https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html

I got my winter rubber mats from here for £35,the carpet ones are a bit more and there's a €9.68 (~£8.76 based on €1.1053) delivery, but if you time it right you can more than save on the delivery charge.

Just make sure that you order for right hand drive vehicles. 

7 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

This is the place I get mats from: https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html

I got my winter rubber mats from here for £35,the carpet ones are a bit more and there's a €9.68 (~£8.76 based on €1.1053) delivery, but if you time it right you can more than save on the delivery charge.

Just make sure that you order for right hand drive vehicles. 

I have used this place for a few items too, number plate LED's rear wiper jets and cover, found them to be very good. Fast delivery too, about 4 days. At the moment. They have mats in stock. Not sure they are vRS though, just says Prestige. https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/5e2061404b-textile-rugs-prestige-skoda-35237.html

I can confirm it was the premium that the price from skoda related too. Once I know what the dealer who sold my car is doing with it in regards to correcting the issues I'll start spending the money on the mats and wheels. Until then everything is either sat on my watched list or being researched.

So it pays to shop about. 

Whilst in a totally different skoda today having my smart link fitted ( £60 cheaper than Chesterfield skoda) I enquired about the mats for the VRS. Now i was expecting the premium mats to come back in at £72 again , however they were £45.

Granted all it says is Octavia but the quality of the mats are great and I wont be breaking my neck everytime I get in the vehicle like i do on the old universal rubber mats. If people need the product code and receipt to price match just let me know.

1 hour ago, Ash007ks said:

So it pays to shop about. 

Whilst in a totally different skoda today having my smart link fitted ( £60 cheaper than Chesterfield skoda) I enquired about the mats for the VRS. Now i was expecting the premium mats to come back in at £72 again , however they were £45.

Granted all it says is Octavia but the quality of the mats are great and I wont be breaking my neck everytime I get in the vehicle like i do on the old universal rubber mats. If people need the product code and receipt to price match just let me know.

Do you mind sharing the price of smart link install and which garage?

thanks

ryan

Part number for the 5E mats incase anybody is remotely interested is 5E2061404C £37.50 Pre vat and £45 with Vat.

Smart link was £120.83 pre vat and £145 with Vat at Hayselden Doncaster Skoda.