Need help with driveshaft part number

Really need some help.  I ordered a replacement drivers side driveshaft off ebay for my mk1 4x4 octavia.  They sent me a drive shaft that was much longer and the shaft was actually narrower...  It looks more like the VRS drive shaft.  I explained to them that they sent the wrong part but they have emailed me back saying their system lists this driveshaft as correct for me car.  I even sent them a photo to show the difference... the rusted shaft is my right side shaft that has broken... the other newer one is the shaft that they say is for my car but no way is it! 😕

Their knowledge is obviously limited or their system is wrong.  I am guessing.. but i`m not 100% sure, would the 4x4 octavia elegance 1.8T 150bhp maybe use the same driveshafts that are on the 2001 audi tt quattro???   If so i could tell them to send me a tt quattro shaft instead, if it just bolts on?

This is the part on ebay and i contacted the company to say they sent me the wrong driveshaft but they say its listed on their system for my car and reg....check the listing and they definitely show the 4x4 150bhp  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332483348585?ViewItem=&item=332483348585

Please someone help or advise?  I just want a replacement driveshaft so i can get my car back on the road! :)

Samuel

driveshafts.jpg

I was actually looking out of interest at Audi tt mk1 quattro part numbers for the driveshaft and came across this on ebay.. is this what i need?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-right-driveshaft-4x4-quattro-Golf-A3-Octavia-1J0407452LX-Genuine-VW-part/172375820445?epid=0&hash=item282266489d:g:FigAAOSw-CpYAhel

Their info is wrong. The left driveshaft would be the same but the right one can’t be as the angle drive takes up some of the room. 

The TT one would be the same length, just depends if the inner joint is the same size. 

Yes i suspected that on the 4x4 both driveshafts are close to being equal length.   I am confused now as to what part number is the correct one... i found this for the Audi tt 2001 quattro 1J0407452LX, need to find out if they list the same part number for the 2001 4x4 octavia... 😞 

yeh i had a nosey at Etka.  But they list two different part numbers for the same drive shaft... lol, so which one is it? 

That ebay listing you sent me Skoda driver i select from the drop down my car 4x4 and it says not correct part... it says for 4 motion only on the description??  

I measured the driveshaft and it is about 645mm in length(including the inner and outer cv joints), the drive shafter diameter is about 43mm and the inner cv is 98mm diameter.

My engine code is ARX.

Edited by sammyhale30

See i found this one and i thought this looked right.. but i contacted the ebay seller and he reckons it wont fit...   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-right-driveshaft-4x4-quattro-Golf-A3-Octavia-1J0407452LX-Genuine-VW-part/172375820445?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

But do they actually know ?

Edited by sammyhale30

1 hour ago, sammyhale30 said:

But they list two different part numbers for the same drive shaft... lol, so which one is it? 

I think the answer to that is 'either'.

The numbers that end 272 are the factory fit items, the 452 ones are re-manufactured replacements' part numbers.

Does this look right ?  The only difference in the part number is this one has an L instead of M,  Etka says 1j0407452MX for 4x4 Octy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-right-driveshaft-4x4-quattro-Golf-A3-Octavia-1J0407452LX-Genuine-VW-part/172375820445?epid=0&hash=item282266489d:g:FigAAOSw-CpYAhel

ok i asked TL Darby VW in Burton and the guy there said that L means its for engine code ATD, M is for ARX which is mine, both use a different transaxle.... the search continues.  I don`t understand how the internet is so misinformed with part numbers.  I also tried Autodoc... i selected 1.8t 4x4 150bhp and they keep listing the drivers side driveshaft as 800mm+, which is obviously way too long, that's about the length of the VRS driveshaft.. I know this because I have a VRS driveshaft in the garage from my mk1 vrs car.  So it seems i cannot get a replacement driveshaft for the mk1 4x4 arx from anywhere...  The next question is are there any other different manufacturer driveshafts that would fit, like the Audi S3 mk1?

Still haven't found a suitable driveshaft on ebay.  I measured mine and its about 650mm, the inside cv joint diameter is 100mm.  I contacted Skoda dealer who reckons there are none available in the country and they would need to order me one from Czech republic for £388.  My engine code is ARX.  Does anyone know any other vag group cars that might share the same drive shaft?  I found that the 2001 A3 quattro had an ARX?  i  think, but its difficult to tell on ebay from pictures and alot don`t list dimensions or measurements.

Edited by sammyhale30