Fabia vrs oil cap opening blocked

Hi, 

I've come to top up the oil in the car and noticed this strange black credit card looking thing blocking half the opening. 

Is anyone able to shed light on what this is? 

Thanks

DSC_0014.JPG

Best get it reported on Monday over fears of excessive oil use. 

Sadly early CTHE from late 2012 early 2013 could have issues, and still from then on.

Best see what Warranty Work it has had, did it get a Software Update in 2013 or since, did it have a Oil Consumption Test any time.

If it is an oil user i would reject it unless Skoda / Warranty provider is fitting a new engine.

Don't allow them to mess you about with Oil Consumption tests, and weeks of back and fore.  Skoda / VW know the known issues, hence a Invalid Warranty, only not with them, they put the Approved Used Car Warranty on it.

I would want a paper trail.  Everything they say in writing with the persons name and job title.

Talk not just with the Service Desk Staff or Manager, there should be a Warranty Manager, and talk with the Master Technician if there is one.

There are 'known issues', set procedures, and do not allow them to tell you 0.5 litres in 1,000 km is within tolerance.

Get them to show you that in writing other than in a Owner Manual which is what it says for every engine, and is not acceptable in normal use in the UK with UK weather and NSL's.

w960_3927-184.png.f6438923d2fbc7549b92817bdbfa6a2f.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to Skoda who said 1 litre per 1000 miles is expected so I should just keep an eye on it. Then was told the only way they would accept any issue being present would be by performing an oil consumption test which if within spec I would have to pay for. In the end I just left as this was going nowhere regardless of what I would have told them.

At what point does the oil low light come on? I saw it on about 2 weeks ago before I topped it up but it went off on the drive home from work.

Thanks

Ben

@messier71

?

Which Dealership were you at?     

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Best contact them, tell them in writing about your Dealership Experience,

also put it in writing to the Dealer Principal at the Dealership as well.

A member of staff needs training.

*******The car is an oil user, if a Skoda Approved Used car reject it, or they will need to fit a new engine.********

I hope you have the name of the idiot that said 1 litre per 1,000 miles is expected.

Also their job title.

You should have asked them to show in writing where they got this 1 litre / 1,000 mile crap.

The oil can be 1.5 litre low and no Low Oil Light on, or message, and the Low Oil Pressure Light or Message can come on before a Low Oil warning.

It is expected with an excessive oil user.

The figure VW give as may  be used for every engine they sell is 0.5 litres in 1,000 km. 

so that would be 1 litre in 1,242 miles. But that is excessive.  & depends on driving style, weather etc etc.

The UK at NSL in not very hot or cold weather does not count as extreme conditions or those that high oil use should be expected or is acceptable.

Edited by Skoffski

As to paying for an Oil Consumption test, you might have to pay for it and get a refund if there is a warranty claim.

***Skoda Approved used car using excessive oil, known issue with SKODA / VW / SEAT & AUDI Twinchargers, pay nothing.***

They know what needs doing, they know to do a Oil Consuption Test and do it correctly, or they will be shamed.

A muppet like you spoke to would not be getting near a car to do a Oil Consumption Test hopefully.

Today someone at the dealership could have checked your oil level, taped the oil filler and dip stick, 

read the mileometer and said come back in 621 miles, or 1,242 miles and we will look, 

and if the Low Oil Light comes on call us. Or some such crap. 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/461244-help-a-new-2011-vrs-owner

See page 7 and the Oil Consumption test that was paid for. 

Some Dealerships have employees that are no more fit for purpose than the engines in cars they sell.

EXAMPLE

of an Oil Consumption test done by an idiot that did not know the actual weight of the engine oil.

Last week another member posted the report he finally got which was all nonsense as well.

455a4eee-ff43-4186-9c92-b94363e633a0_zps11333bb7 (2) (2).jpg

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 15.56.36.png

Edited by Skoffski

You had best Email the Dealer Principal, ask for a phone call or meeting, tell them you have an oil user.

They have enough experience of them.

They have replaced engines in cars they have sold and ones that came to them sold by others.

A member on here was a Master Tech and replaced engines, knew about them, knew his job but has moved on, 

others will be getting great service i would expect where he works.

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 16.23.01.png

Edited by Skoffski

@messier71

5W 40 FS can help some engines reduce oil usage, but if an engine is gubbed it is gubbed.

?

How long have you had your car and does it have a warranty?

If it does don't mess about, get it in for an oil consumption test, or if you have not had it that long take actions to get a refund off the seller and get shot of the car.