Car Configurator, lack of 110p PS engine

Yep, no more factory orders for the 1.0 TSI 110 PS from May (last I heard from a dealer). Speak to a dealer and check current stock.

Those of us who appreciate a small but powerful Skoda are still hoping for a Mk IV VRS with the 1.5 ACT engine. Pah, chance'd be a fine thing.

Edited by ettlz

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

In other VW group cars (T-cross, Ibiza, Arona etc) the engine is now 113 or 115

It might be something to do with re-certifying all the current Fabia lineup with these engines, and the 95 PS being much more popular anyway.

Odd because suspect the 115 is just a slight software mod on the 110; the published numbers would indicate the difference makes no impact on driving.

Edited by ettlz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ettlz said:

It might be something to do with re-certifying all the current Fabia lineup with these engines, and the 95 PS being much more popular anyway.

Odd because suspect the 115 is just a slight software mod on the 110; the published numbers would indicate the difference makes no impact on driving.

The new Scala also has the 115 version, so maybe the 110 version is being superceded for standardisation

The Scala price list only gives a WLTP fuel consumption (not the 6D temp one), so re-certifying to WLTP seems likely

Hi all, very interesting this I’m trying to order a 110ps dsg Fabia failing at present and cannot get any sense out of the dealers (surprise!) so I guess the dsg could end up as a 95ps as per the polo and Ibiza...

15 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Hi all, very interesting this I’m trying to order a 110ps dsg Fabia failing at present and cannot get any sense out of the dealers (surprise!) so I guess the dsg could end up as a 95ps as per the polo and Ibiza... 

Ask them to check UK stock, but be willing to be flexible on trim level and colour.

Indeed tried that, dealer now seems to be blanking me - all really odd. They said they had an option on 3 but never came back to me. I’ve been dealing with them for years. In contrast vw are falling over themselves trying to sell me a car, with huge discounts...

Odd. Maybe stock is starting to dwindle. Tricky considering my 110 is in the rejection danger zone.

Anyway if the VW lot are giving good discount, I'd go for the Polo in that case. Newer chassis.

Edited by ettlz

What’s the rejection danger zone? I too have a 110ps manual estate. 

Maybe just have to ride things out with the ordering I really don’t want to go back to pure vw again it’s just to dull 😞

• Like 2

Up to a few days ago, here in Italy we could have the Fabia in 60/man, 75/man, 95/man and 115/man/dsg (though not all engines with any trim).

Since a few days, only the 95/manual version is available on the configurator!

I do hope this means just a new Fabia IV coming, which should be reasonable, as the III is based on old VW stuff and not aligned with current Polo.

The polo is also around 6 months wait, well 22 weeks in 95/DSG form. Ah we’re back to the 90’s when I waited 8 months for a polo 1.4 cl in solid paint with no options...

• 3 weeks later...

Well ladies and gentlemen the wonderful sales team at winner garage Cinderford have found me a quartz grey SEL DSG Fabia with my beloved heated seats. This means I’m saved from the dull polo!!!! I am a happy man! They are still building cars with the 110ps DSG it just depends on what’s coming off the line and who gets first dibs on it. Delivery estimate end of July 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Very odd. I wonder if this is more emissions stuff? The MPI and 110PS engines are both available in the Polo and Ibiza still, but things are still listed as being MY19. On the Ibiza price list, the 80 and 95PS petrols are both listed as being only MY19, and that MY20 data is not yet confirmed, and as such details may change. So I wonder if the same applies to the Fabia, only they've chosen different engines to do first?

Edit: Also, you can now order an 80PS 'FR Sport' Ibiza. LOL

Edited by vc-10

The current price list here in Finland has 95 and 110hp 1.0TSI but only manual. No DSG available. Price list is updated 5.7. so it' fresh data. All models are 2020.

Edited by teraja
  • Like 1

On 20/07/2019 at 09:08, SurreyJohn said:

Same in Spain, only 95 bhp manual.