Kodiaq SE L sill protection.

My Kodiaq is now in Germany waiting for a boat should be here by the end of the month. So I have bought all the mats from superskoda but hesitated in ordering the sill protectors. I asked the dealer if the SE L has sill protectors, but the could not say, there was an edition there that has silver ones. Can anyone who has an SE L 19 my  tell me if these are present. Thanks in advance.

Edited by roynhayley

Just what I had on the phone, I’m out in the Yeti today, to which I fitted plastic cill protectors - so I understand your concern. I’m pretty certain they are on the rear doors too.

I purchased all the OEM plastic mats (not as nice as the rubber ones in the previous Octy) from the dealer, but there are only carpet ones available for the 3rd row. Also the tunnel cover mat is a nice touch. I used the rubber boot mat from the Octavia as it’s a near perfect fit and I don’t think there’s an OEM one available for the 7 seat.

You’d think cars would come with mats wouldn’t you? I have previously negotiated it into the deal.

Hope you enjoy your Kodiaq as much as I have my one.

• Thanks 1

The sill protectors on the rear door of an SE L are the same as the front ones, only shorter.

Apart from an aesthetic point of view, I see little value in them as they're not protecting the parts of the sill that will get kicked the most.

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to the new arrival. With a new puppy too just wanted to check what protection was there. I agree when we bought the Honda free mats full tank of fuel and mud flaps...now 13 years later nothing even charged for £50 of fuel 😢 still looking forward to a new car until some a-hole decides my car is a door stop in Ikea or sainsburys or any where else.

Thanks all for the replies, I'll wait and see what the car comes with, it was built Monday 3rd july so perhaps some my 20 upgrades maybe there?

The factory shuts in a few weeks time, week 29 I think, for the new my line change.

Thanks for the images, what a great bunch of people Briskodians are, as a usual the answer is out there!

Thanks @Greenliner1 much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, roynhayley said:

Looking forward to the new arrival. With a new puppy too just wanted to check what protection was there.

Damn - you are one brave man. 😉

New car + new puppy? God himself has not invented the protection you're gonna need! What you could try is 10 square metres of industrial plastic and enough bungee cord to humanely pin the little bugger to the floor.  And check if Skoda has a proper dog guard on sale for the Kodiaq. Me and my dogs can vouch for them!

Seriously though - congrats on getting both new arrivals. You'll have to keep us posted on which is the most fun! 

• Thanks 1

@TheRobinKthe puppy is very good,miniature Labradoodle called bailey, he is good in the car and not too bitey around the house, a very chilled dog unlike me. Looking forward to having both new car and puppy combo.

@john999boy, the waiting time is less than the original 23 weeks quoted, ordered March 12th really wanted a 69    plate but that ain't gonna happen.