Lost reverse only

Hi guys just got my car today and been driving it around loving it and then all of a sudden I lost reserves only I can't select it if I do the push down and got to reserve the lift the clutch it moves forwards no grinding at all in any of the gear and will change very nicely  I have reset the gear linkage but still no reverse any ideas

Something not put back correctly after DMF etc replacement you mentioned in another post.

If from a trader take it back to be fixed.

Edited by bigjohn

Can I ask if anyone. Is able to video what happens to the gear linkage when put into reverse I wondering if one of the cables are slightly stretched and needs a little manual adjustment on top of the home lock 

Asking for help without mentioning prior maintenance/repair is a waste of time for all of us. Help us to help you.

On the MK1 its easy to engage all the gears from under the bonnet by moving the aluminium arm with the big weight on the end, get someone to try and engage reverse while you watch the arm then give it a go directly or let them try again while you give it a helping hand.

The procedure to reset the cables is very simple, plenty of Youtube videos, one has probably slipped.

Previously dmf clutch and box replaced with in the last year to 16months then was driven for 3000miles before the mot expired and was stood for 8months ish before I brought it she was moted today and I went to collect it

Already have reset the cables I'll take it back to the garage I brought it from tomorrow get them to look at it was just seeing