Uprated Brakes on MK3 VRS 2016

Good Evening,

I’ve got MK3 VRS 2016 March with 312mm Front and 272mm Rear Brakes and looking to to go VRS 245 Brakes 340mm Front and 310mm Rear. I’ve contacted Skoda Horton and been price up whole set front and rear but with the rear been told to research the rear brakes due to the vRS 245 having a bigger bearing carrier on as standard does anyone have any info on this.

regards

Andrew

If you go for Golf V R32, S3 8P or TT 3.2 8J rear callipers and get discs to match one of those cars it’ll all be bolt on with longer brake hoses. You also need disc shields from a Golf 7 PP or Leon Cupra (not a 4Drive one) as the 245 ones are also different. The 245 uses a similar setup to the Golf VI R cabriolet. My callipers are S3 8P TRW ones and I’ve used brembo discs and pads from ECP and I used the reg from an S3 to get those parts. All is well :) 

13 hours ago, AndGibs1486 said:

Good Evening,

I’ve got MK3 VRS 2016 March with 312mm Front and 272mm Rear Brakes and looking to to go VRS 245 Brakes 340mm Front and 310mm Rear. I’ve contacted Skoda Horton and been price up whole set front and rear but with the rear been told to research the rear brakes due to the vRS 245 having a bigger bearing carrier on as standard does anyone have any info on this.

regards

Andrew

I take it your 2016 vRS TDi is not 4x4?  Lots of discussion and information in THIS thread.

What exactly is the problem with the 312/272 setup you have? Going 340/310 may not cure it.

One more thing to think about, if you have the standard 16" spare wheel you will need a new spare, unless you want to do a double swap.

Edited by flybynite

Thanks SashaGrace, appreciate it,

mine vehicle is not 4x4 Model, and don’t have spare wheel, there isn’t really a problem with 312mm / 272mm setup just want bigger setup