Odd 'click' from clutch

thebrighton

Howdy,

Clutch is working absolutely fine but as your foot comes off the pedal there is a noticeable click the second the pressure of your foot is removed. It sounds like a piece of plastic being flicked but I can't see anything. Like I said, gear change is fine, it's just annoying.

As mentioned on my other post it's a few years old and a private purchase. Previous owner known to us but he just didn't bother to get things sorted so I'm looking to do it now. Just don't want to pay and arm and a leg to a garage for what could be something easy to do.

On 25/06/2019 at 19:58, thebrighton said:

Howdy,

Clutch is working absolutely fine but as your foot comes off the pedal there is a noticeable click the second the pressure of your foot is removed. It sounds like a piece of plastic being flicked but I can't see anything. Like I said, gear change is fine, it's just annoying.

My 64 plate Citigo does that sometimes, especially in the winter when the interior of the car is cold.

When it starts to click, I find pushing the peddle slightly to the left or the right seems to stop it.

Yep, I've noticed slight sideways movement of the pedal can make a difference. I've now found the odd thread back from when the Citigo was launched and it does seem this was a common complaint which SUK said was a characteristic rather than a fault although it seems they did mellow after a while. Too late for this Citigo as well out of warranty :(