I had to update to ios13 as the new apple watch5  demands it which is controlled in some part via your phone. I had no idea that buying a watch would affect my car lol

however thanks to Hozz solution all is now back to normal.

great forum for great advice!

cheers

On 23/09/2019 at 08:18, TerryMcK said:

I too got this issue after upgrading to IOS13.

The problem is to do with Bluetooth regardless of whether you connect via USB or Bluetooth and have previously paired the phone via Bluetooth (with older versions of IOS). The issue doesn't occur if you have Bluetooth switched off on the phone and connect Carplay solely via USB.

This is the solution - Unpair the phone from the car by going into Settings>Bluetooth (on the phone). Find the Skoda BT connection and touch the i icon. Then tap Forget This Device

Turn off Bluetooth momentarily and turn it back on again.

Next go through the pairing process again. A code will be displayed on the infotainment screen and will be replicated on the iPhone. Just make sure they are the same and pair the phone.

If you have given the connection relevant permissions all your contacts, favourites and phone recents will be imported again.

Next time you turn on the car if you connect the iPhone to the USB it will no longer ask you for the PIN number.

Apple must have introduced some sort of enhanced security routine for Bluetooth within IOS13 that is probably documented somewhere but I haven't seen it.

thanks for the info Terry I have the exact same problem on my Kodiaq since updating my Iphone yesterday, I will give this try later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:44, SeanSyd said:

Thanks, I have now done the same, especially highlighting the "Enter User Pin" message. I suggest everybody else try submit as well, I also linked this article in my feedback as well.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:31, Kenny R said:

Problem now solved using this solution, thanks.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:31, Kenny R said:

Problem now solved using this solution, thanks.

Thanks I have reported this too.  not very happy unable to connect to internet with phone data, and lost all phone contacts.  will try and play again tomorrow after wasting two hours on it today

Yes the solution is just to unpair the phone and re-pair it. Not really a huge problem.

I don't think anyone has commented on the new look of the Carplay screen. I quite like it. Podcasts show the graphic whilst playing, and generally more "stuff" on the screen etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The ‘fix’ described by Kenny and Fozz is the way to remove this problem. Just to note that you need to go through the ‘forget this device’ and then repair each iPhone you use with the infotainment system. In each case you will need to confirm the code showing on the infotainment system and your iPhone. I did this a week ago for both my iPhone and my wife’s and the system hasn’t asked for a PIN number since thank goodness, it was a pain!