Retrofit memory seats

I'd like to fit seats that have the memory function, if possible key activated and moving mirrors too.

MY wife will be sharing my car soon (if she's passes test) and it's going to be a pain adjusting seats all the time.

Does anyone know what's involved?

I have kessy, heated seats and folding mirrors if that matters.

Cheers

Edited by Nikonite

20 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

I'd like to fit seats that have the memory function, if possible key activated and moving mirrors too.

MY wife will be sharing my car soon (if she's passes test) and it's going to be a pain adjusting seats all the time.

Does anyone know what's involved?

I have kessy  heated seats and folding mirrors if that matters.

Cheers

You will need to make a wiring loom for this, I don’t have the pin outs handy, but fair warning the BCM is a pig to get to. I can’t imagine there are many powered cream seats for sale so you may be a while finding one. You will then need to do some coding, you will have to specify 36 Drivers Seat in the installation list in the CAN Gateway (among more coding) and if you want memory mirrors you will need 5Q4 door controllers from another Skoda, that’s important can’t be from a VW or SEAT. I would love powered seats in my Octy, I had them in the Mercedes and lately my OH and I have shared my Octy. I’m 5 inches taller than her and most of that height in in my legs. 2 more different seating positions you could not imagine and it’s a royal pain but I have been unable to locate a good powered seat to replace mine. Sharing is almost over now, Citigo replacement is inbound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Sasha, I'm going to have to do some retrofits, having lots of toys has its downside if there is nothing to mess with.

I'll start looking for the seats, hopefully being cream they will be less popular.  My missus has legs like a crane but still insists on having her forehead on the windscreen!

Edited by Nikonite
  • Like 1

Seen these on ebay nice and cheap 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK3-5E-VRS-LIFTBACK-SET-OF-LEATHER-SEATS-WITH-DOOR-CARDS/372697672185?hash=item56c68329f9:g:98UAAOSwAetdFKE1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I would love powered seats in my Octy, I had them in the Mercedes and lately my OH and I have shared my Octy. I’m 5 inches taller than her and most of that height in in my legs. 2 more different seating positions you could not imagine and it’s a royal pain but I have been unable to locate a good powered seat to replace mine. Sharing is almost over now, Citigo replacement is inbound.

Can relate, I'm 6'2" and the missus is 5'1". I've tried asking her to at least roll the seat back a little bit when she gets out. Granted it's worse when she's been driving the old astra with manual wing mirrors.

• Like 1