Multi Function Steering and Cruise control

Hello

I've retrofitted a multi function steering wheel with CC to my 2001 ALH Octavia.

I activated it in vagcom.

When I test all the steering wheel buttons in vagcom they work fine but the CC on/off switch on the stalk doesn't activate the cruise control even though reset, cancel and set test fine in vag com.

I used code 11463 to activate CC and now there is a  G in the component field meaning that CC is activated in ECU.

I've double checked the wiring for the stalk and its ok. I've tested stalk's CC on/off button with a multimeter and it beeps in 'on' and doesn't in off position.

Any ideas?

When I fitted the MFSW on my 03 ASV I removed the stalk and fitted a non CC one as the steering wheel does the same functions you just need to swap the wires from the original stalk and run them to the control unit in the relay panel

• Like 1

The stalk i have Is a stalk with just the one/off button for the CC there is no other buttons on it. This is what originally came with those MFSW's:

Its the middle one:

6c0d8a02-9de7-494d-9545-ebe21f5fc2cf.jpg

are you saying you wired the standard top one to work with mfsw?

Yes, originally I had the bottom stalk, but it now has the top one, all I had to do was disconnect the relevant CC wires from the 10 pin connctor and re-route them to the MFSW controller I fitted in the relay panel  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Yes, originally I had the bottom stalk, but it now has the top one, all I had to do was disconnect the relevant CC wires from the 10 pin connctor and re-route them to the MFSW controller I fitted in the relay panel  

What about the yellow cancelling ring connector, I had to remove the +12v horn cable and replace it with 2 others for the buttons on steering wheel to work which they do, but now I have no horn and can't seem to figure out what to do with that leftover cable. As soon as it touches something metal the horn blasts so i know its working properly but there's nothing to connect it to..

8 hours ago, nige8021 said:

You need to rplace the slip ring with the correct one for a MFSW 

I do have the 5 pin ring everything is connected as per instructions from kufatec (which is where i got the relay loom) but still horn doesn't work the rest of the buttons do.

• Like 1

I'll have to dig the diagrams out but from memory, the horn wire connected to electronics units inside the steering wheel and the original horn wire from the old clockspring then went to the MFSW control unit 

• Like 1

The horn connects to pins 4 & 5 of the electonics module inside the steering wheel, and the original horn wire connects to pin 9 of the control unit in the relay panel

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nige8021 said:

The horn connects to pins 4 & 5 of the electonics module inside the steering wheel, and the original horn wire connects to pin 9 of the control unit in the relay panel

could you show me the diagrams you have please? this would clear up so much for me.. :)