Water leak when opening boot

Opened the boot to our MY19 Superb Combi and water came pouring out of somewhere inside the boot lid and poured over the inside of the boot (and everything in it!). It was dry and sunny outside and hasn’t rained much this week. I’m guessing this isn’t going to be an easy fix but if anyone has any idea for what might be going wrong here I’d be grateful. Worth noting there was no damp inside the car itself before opening.

I had issue with seal in the trunk it was just slightly bent on top and A LOT of water got into the car. Few weeks ago it was raining about a week and I had over 3L water in the spare wheel area. It leaked somehow behind headlight on right side and then down. I was really shocked. I found out where exactly the water got in by pouring water on top of trunk seal (not the way it would go over it). I did have to take apart right sidewall though, to see actual water getting in.

12 hours ago, Fantantonio said:

That was my thought but the water was clear and I ran the rear wiper after to test and no leak. Very puzzling

OK, I had a similar problem on my 2015 Touareg. When opening the tailgate I could hear water sloshing around. Once it was fully open, some of the water ran out from behind the trim panels and into the boot.

At the bottom edge of the tailgate are some drainage holes. These were covered with plastic plugs - with no holes in them. I removed the plugs to let the water out. The dealer fitted new gaskets to the light units in the tailgate under warranty, but I left the plugs out anyway. 

No more water leaks in the year that I owned the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. The car has been back with the dealer for over a week and they can't replicate the fault (despite it happening on two separate occasions with me) but haven't even removed the trim to investigate underneath. Rapidly losing faith in Skoda - the second issue I've had in only a few months of owning the car.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 17:59, Fantantonio said:

Interesting. The car has been back with the dealer for over a week and they can't replicate the fault (despite it happening on two separate occasions with me) but haven't even removed the trim to investigate underneath. Rapidly losing faith in Skoda - the second issue I've had in only a few months of owning the car.

its not just skoda though that things like this happen too,  some other makes can have alot more than 2 issues in a few months.

sometimes the best fix is your own fix though , you should'nt have to do it, but sometimes it's just the only way to get to the bottom of things.

can be less hassle as well, as no journeys  back and forward to dealers who quite clearly havent got a clue