Best Wheel brushes for cleaning wheels

Led VRS

Ok, so probably not the best title going but.....I've had my current VRs for 4 years now (still waiting to see an identical car) and I love the 18"Pistorious alloys (see pic) but these are a pain to clean (unless you remove them - not ideal each week). The narrow gap between the spokes usually gives me a few cuts/splits to my fingers by my nails.

To date I have gone through 7 or 8 different wheel brushes (the last one being a Meguiars Ultrasafe Wheel spoke brush - lasted about 4 months) and I'm now wondering if its worth inversing in a set of original 'Wheel Woolies' ?

Anyone got any thoughts (I'm not going to change my wheels) ?

71SO6R+0LvL._SY355_.jpg

45 minutes ago, Led VRS said:

Ok, so probably not the best title going but.....I've had my current VRs for 4 years now (still waiting to see an identical car) and I love the 18"Pistorious alloys (see pic) but these are a pain to clean (unless you remove them - not ideal each week). The narrow gap between the spokes usually gives me a few cuts/splits to my fingers by my nails.

To date I have gone through 7 or 8 different wheel brushes (the last one being a Meguiars Ultrasafe Wheel spoke brush - lasted about 4 months) and I'm now wondering if its worth inversing in a set of original 'Wheel Woolies' ?

Anyone got any thoughts (I'm not going to change my wheels) ?

71SO6R+0LvL._SY355_.jpg

EZ detail brush gets my vote. Large or small would do it although the large can get into small gaps as well. 

Had my small one two years and it's got plenty life left in it yet. 

Very safe on the wheels as well. No exposed metal or hard plastics at all. 

I've got a Carbon Collective Wheel Wand.  It's got a 45 degree angle to the head, which makes it really good for cleaning behind spokes and the calliper.

Doesn't half make my wrist ache after a bit though 😣

Gaz

1 hour ago, 132 said:

I've got a Carbon Collective Wheel Wand.  It's got a 45 degree angle to the head, which makes it really good for cleaning behind spokes and the calliper.

Doesn't half make my wrist ache after a bit though 😣

Gaz

Get the wheel cleaned then Gaz. I'll be down shortly.    

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Get the wheel cleaned then Gaz. I'll be down shortly.    

Cheeky!  With comments like that, you of course run the risk of me cleaning the wheel bolt holes with a name-that-cheese in... just ready for yer journey home!

Gaz

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 19:54, Led VRS said:

Cheers for the replies, I've ordered the 'Ez detail' brushes in both large & small, I'll let you know how I get on. 

Good choice. 

Dont be scared to bend them to get between the spoke and brake caliper either. I've been doing it to mine for two years and it still feels solid 

The EZ Detail  Wheel brush or Speedmaster Daytona - both similar and very good.

Supliment this with a set of Wheel Woolie soft brushes and a cheap wash mitt.

Shown Below...  all of which allow me to tackle almost any wheel....

ezp-5001.jpgez-detail_1.jpg

ez-detail-brush-red-w382.jpg61HSI02TrAL._SY355_.jpg31mXyVgNrqL._SX355_.jpg

• 2 months later...