Carista false promises

Hi all I am enjoying my new Kodiaq very much and wanted to personalise some of its features, I just couldn't justify the cost of a new VCDS lead so opted for the much cheaper Carista.

What I liked;

1. the android interface was nice and simple
  2. the app was fast
  3. the options were easy to initiate/reverse
  4. the price

what i didn't like;

1. the "mods" promised did not work
  2. the subscription of £33.99 to get one month free of their pro option it is easy to cancel though
  3. the fact that their website promises more than it delivers.
  4. the vast majority of their advertised "mods" were already activated as standard.
  5. no option to do a backup of the original settings.

Now, I have a MY 19 and wanted to do the following;

1. active horn signal for arm/disarm - did not work 
  2. have scandanavian DRL - this worked
  3. increase comfort turn signals from 3 to 5 - did not work.

Because i wanted so little doing I though that Carista would be the cheapest option, now I know that I'll probably be berated for using  a non VCDS  product but the £200 price tag is just too much for use probably once or twice a year.

However there is so little information about what Carista actually does I hope that this maybe of use to anyone thinking about buying one of these. It is OK but it is probably a better option to use a fellow Briskodaian to do the mods for you.

Roy

Edited by roynhayley

Ask on here if anyone in/near your area has a VCDS and see if they can help.

Payment is usually a box of beers or a couple of bottles of red.

In my signature below (  red letters ) is all the things I have had altered by a Briskoda member.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

You don't reset the infotainment system, rather the Light settings. If you go CAR SETTINGS there should be a reset settings menu down the bottom. Also, rebooting the infotainment system is not resetting it. 

Edited by ZacDaMan72
extra info.
  • Like 1

• Thanks to all first chance today to take a look, a factory reset allowed the 5 flash alarm chirp on lock and unlock, haven't figured out the mirror dip for reverse yet, option is in infotainment so perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel.....