Forge induction

Didn't bother putting on rollers when I got her wanted to make sure all was OK before power runs, there is a possibility she has a stage one map, had many modified cars in my time she's awfully quick if it's standard would make sense if she's running 215 to 225 bhp

43 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

Quality of the kit, in detail the quality of the filter used in the enclosure was quite poor.

Mine is very good quality and filter looks fine, I bought an mst set up first but was pointless as didn't seal to bonnet and had large gaps around heatsheild so would get heat sink, returned that

What can be an issue is just how hot the area behind the battery is.

I did checks years ago and there were threads. At about 26*oC ambient i was getting reading into the 50's c back there while driving.

Just be aware after spirited driving if really warm day and then sitting with the bonnet closed and direct sun or held up in traffic,

you soon know if heatsink is an issue.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/282048-induction-kit

£1.99 or so Digital Fridge Thermometers.  Dead handy.   For checking tyre heat as well.

DSCN4001.JPG.90ee0f92af5686defaf75b660d1b0e55.JPG.b498af7c5c555610334e17a1c35e451f.JPG

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

@Pirate76

Do think your car is running standard map or maybe remapped and that ECU has been opened

There could be a few reasons why the bracket has been off.  Poor show it didn’t go back on properly though to keep it looking undisturbed. 

Edited by Tech1e
  • Like 1

I've had mine about a year, I picked mine up cheap and cant fault it as a temporary until I get the RTMG intake, If your planning to keep I'd recommend buying the battery relocate, flip the filter to north/south tray and getting the air flow sorted properly as that standard snaking air intake forge provide(mine is like yours) is awful IMO.

A9437096-9B85-4494-825D-B213B119458F.thumb.jpeg.b9274dc352717f22f715b612918aca9a.jpeg

3 hours ago, Pirate76 said:

Was going to put a funk heat sleeve on intake pipe, what's the battery relocation? Kit or just relocate to boot area or move it around

https://www.tmg-performance.com/1-4-tsi.html

It flips the battery vertical, Add a 90 degree elbow and  boom you have much better air flow.

3FB740B6-D865-4B90-8809-A3323698651A.jpeg

Edited by Mickmartin

I can knock up tray out of ali and move battery then use forge front section straight to filter then buy a 90degree bend to suit and a joiner to forge silicon pipe job done, interestingly I think down the front near turbo will be plenty of radiated heat from manifold when in traffic, I may do my own temp tests