Best Snowfoam

Lol6

I am looking to speed up the cleaning of the black honey monster and have bought a new pressure washer for this and other tasks.

What have you all found to be the best Snowfoam?  Has anyone tried the Karcher foam?  

Currently, I am using Bilt Hamber which has proved to be a little disappointing but this may be due to the experience/Incompetence of the operator.

Your usual kind help and advice will be appreciated.

Is the BH Autofoam disappointing due to not removing the surface dirt, or because it doesn't create foam you can ski down as it's not designed to do so (unless you add a fair amount (50:50 or so) in which makes it very expensive)? 

If you think it's not doing its job properly you could try Autoglym Polar Blast which you can purchase from Halfords et al:

I use BH Autofoam during the Summer but for my Beginning of the Month Clean and When I Can Winter Clean use EZ Car Care snow foam (but I wait until they have a sale on!) 

https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/collections/snow-foam-pre-wash

You could also try websites that sell multi manufacturers products;

https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/

Bilt Hamber AutoFoam by a long shot,

no it will not dwell on the car anywhere as long as some others or produce a shaving foam thick covering... but thats because it’s not designed to, but what it does do is get the car very nearly clean (a lot cleaner than any other snow foam I have tried)

• Like 3

Having read about it, I was aware that the Bilt Hamber product did not produce as much foam. However, it produced a surprising amount and that may well have been my fault having the setting on the dispenser too high being as it was the first time I had used it. 

I will try it again when I next wash the car and turn down the setting. Perhaps it was simply a matter of too much foam and not enough water. Time will tell. 

Thank you both for your help and for the alternative options provided.

• 2 months later...

Bilt Hamber Auto foam is a great product and great price; plus their APC Surfex HD - you won't go far wrong pal! :thumbup:

As a winter backup for SWMBO's car - i have some KKD Blizzard Extreme for a little extra bite.

So KKD Blizzard and Blizzard Extreme are both worth consideration - depends where you shop.

I tried lots and don't think any of them do anything to be honest.

Out of all of them the Bilt Hamber is definitely the best as it DOESN'T dwell for too long and you don't end up with a driveway covered in "shaving foam"

• Thanks 1

Same here Nogrille, I tried a couple of them and they produce decent foam, cover the car, look dead impressive but in reality just add a lot of time to the cleaning process for no difference in the outcome. 

I add a bit of snowfoam to the wash bucket now, it does help. The car looks really shiny and when you rinse it the water sheets off better.

Ultimate Finish snow foam for value, Bilt Hamber for performance IME.  As above, Bilt Hamber doesn't dwell for too long but it's designed to quickly 'encapsulate' the dirt and then run it off the car, otherwise it would defeat the object...why have the dirt clinging to your car?!?

I fill 1/4 of my snow foam reservoir with BH and top up with water.  I'll add a little BH Surfex too,  if the car is especially dirty.  

I use BH in a garden sprayer and am a complete convert.  Get no foam at all, unless I mist it if it starts to dry out.  Marvellous stuff - nearest thing to a no contact wash.  Seems to get better the more I use it too.

Gaz

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

I fill 1/4 of my snow foam reservoir with BH and top up with water.  I'll add a little BH Surfex too,  if the car is especially dirty.  

How big is your reservoir??  1/4 is LOADS!