Sorry to bore you with another service question but my 16 plate fabia 1.2 Tsi is showing on the maxidot display that it requires an oil service. My car is has done 22k and is on the variable service schedule. This time last year it had its inspection service, which I was charged £190 for at my local main dealer. Above the fixed price. Now I assumed that this “ oil service “ is a full service, which I certainly can’t afford as money is tight at the moment. So I called an ex vag mechanic who told me my car will only require an oil change and not a full service. Can this be true ? If my car requires a major service, will it state that in the  Maxidot? If it only needs an oil change I’m reluctant to go to my dealer for fear of being ripped off again.

@Andy P 

Instead of being scared to be ripped off, you could tell them to sort their mistake and do a 'FREE OIL & FILTER CHANGE' and reset the Service indicator.

Your car does not even require a Oil Service if the VW504/507 oil was used last year at the Inspection service, or what ever they wanted to call it.

They messed up as usual.

Someone never reset your service indicator correctly last year if you want your car left of Variable Servicing.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

If you do want 2 years between Oil & Filter changes though remember that before the car is 3 years old and out of Manufacturers Warranty it is simply clever to get a service and a MOT a month before, see that all is well with the car.  Brakes, steering, suspension etc checked if the car has only had 1 service since it was built.

The Brake Fluid is due a change at 3 years as well.

Screenshot 2019-07-28 at 17.05.34.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 2

Just no Oil Service if the owner does not want on a 3 year old car with 22,000 miles covered on Variable / Flexible Servicing first serviced @ 2 years if the Technician correctly reset the 

Service Indicator.

My lease car came up showing Oil Service last month but it is on Variable and was not due a Oil Service, i let them just reset it the other week, 

but if i had owned it i would of had them do a Oil change at their expense.

If i owned it it would never be on Variable Servicing though. A TDI and the state of the oil is terrible.

I’ll give rainworth Skoda a call tomorrow to sort out what’s needed. Looking at my service from last year they charged for a replacement air filter. My air filter is a K&N reusable filter. I’d better check they didn’t replace it with a paper filter.

• Like 1