2020 superb

Hi all, not been on for a while, so I guess I have had no problems!.

Thinking of getting a new 2020 Superb and see they are available to order, but cannot find what deals are around, anybody tried to order one or seen anything?.

If , as the price has gone up a lot, it is unaffordable, might try and get a present one, but again all Skoda deals on Superbs have totally disappeared. Anyone tried to order one recently or heard of deals to get rid of the old ones?

They're apparently available to order through the dealer but no broker has them yet that I can see (been watching DrivetheDeal & CarWow regularly).  On the other thread, someone had got about £2.5k off I think which isn't much.  I'm just in a holding pattern until brokers have prices and then will start negotiating with my local dealers. 

Prices have shot up from when I ordered my PFL back in March, then there were deals and Skoda contribution. I would think that Skoda will dig in until they are at least a good way into production on the FL 🤔

I was the one who got 2.5k (6%) off, plus the 2.5k Skoda finance deposit contribution. Dealer told me that Skoda UK had reduced both their maximum allowable discount (was 8%) and the deposit contribution (was 3k) for the new model. I expected this, discounts are always bigger on run-out models...

I was told that Skoda UK allow each dealer a given percentage discount and no more -- was 8% for my dealer with the old model, 6% for the new model. No amount of negotiating will get much off this (which is the figure CarWOW gives, plus their fee), maybe some cheap freebies thrown in. Different dealers have different allowances depending on how well they're doing and how much Skoda UK want to encourage sales there, this is why you find quotes from CarWOW and similar tend to be closely distributed around discounts like 6% or 8% or 10% with almost identical figures from different dealers with the same discount allowance. You won't get anywhere asking a dealer to match price with a dealer with a bigger discount, your only option is to go to the cheaper one if price is all-important to you.

Thanks so far all. Am waiting for a dealer to come back with figures for the 2020 model, but they are already saying that Skoda have not given them any information yet???? !!!. As far as ordering a new present model, they just keep skirting round the question and will not give any figures or even if it is possible.

Methinks I might try elsewhere.

Tried a few brokers, but their figures seem to be on present models, and not sure how well PCP deals work with them

I too have been searching for deals and stuff on the 2020 models

Release date is said to be back end of sept / early October for the frost ones to roll into the country

Expect showroom ones to start appearing in the next few weeks 

Thus I am thinking the deals will start coming online in 2-3weeks for pre-orders

No science in that statement at all just my gut feeling 

2 hours ago, IanJD said:

My car was ordered on July 10th, delivery date is currently October 4th which is 12 weeks after order.

Thats good news.

Mine was ordered back in February and I collected it last Wednesday!

Have now heard that most  present style Superb's are now not available to order. It's going to be a long wait to September if I do order one. I am guessing that any pre-reg, ex showroom, or nearly new will now hold their price.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, ak1956 said:

Just ordered l&k 190 estate dsg, quartz grey, should be here first week in September. Can't wait!.

Brand new? When do you order? Or is it just 3 weeks delivery time to England?  :)

Edited by Core2Duo

carfile.net have what appear to be 2020 models listed.

Currently have a 1.4 TSi 150 which was new in March 2017 and I am planning to swap March 2020 (3 years old). Interested in a 2.0 TSi SE-L and Carfile are showing that car as a 190 PS which I believe confirms it as a 2020 model. List is £30575 and after discount and PCP contribution its £23,713.60. I work that out as a 22.5% discount.

We have bought 3 out of our last 4 cars from Carfile (2 Skodas and a Seat) and they give a brilliant service with no risk. Would not but via any other source now.

• Like 1