Front sensors not standard

4 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

I had them (at, I think, £350) on my late-2017 SEL.  I'd have them again, too.

Yet front and rear sensors plus reversing camera were standard on the wife's £23,500 Karoq SEL just 18 months ago when we bought it new.:o

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yet front and rear sensors plus reversing camera were standard on the wife's £23,500 Karoq SEL just 18 months ago when we bought it new.:o

Yes, Karoq specs differ quite a bit from Kodiaq specs.

2 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

Yes, Karoq specs differ quite a bit from Kodiaq specs.

At least you haven't got the Marsupial engine fitted. Would have preferred the old 1.4TSi 148bhp ACT version inher car. It was great in my Mk3 Superb.:biggrin:

Be careful. I saw a “dealer fit” front parking sensor where they drilled 4 holes in the front bumper and put the sensors in there. The sensors were painted but they looked horrible compared to the factory option which hide the sensors as part of the lower grill and probably require a new bumper. I was also considering a used sport line and very surprised that many did not come with front sensors. In the end I held out and got one with them fitted from the factory. 

5 hours ago, Iamholam said:

Be careful. I saw a “dealer fit” front parking sensor where they drilled 4 holes in the front bumper and put the sensors in there. The sensors were painted but they looked horrible compared to the factory option which hide the sensors as part of the lower grill and probably require a new bumper. I was also considering a used sport line and very surprised that many did not come with front sensors. In the end I held out and got one with them fitted from the factory. 

The factory bumper should just have little indentations on the inside of the number that mark where the sensors should go 

On 02/08/2019 at 13:33, ZacDaMan72 said:

The factory bumper should just have little indentations on the inside of the number that mark where the sensors should go 

Possibly but the factory fit ones. 2 go in the bumper and 2 are actually installed in the intake areas. (Which I would imagine would involve a different set of vents to house the sensor. 

4 hours ago, Iamholam said:

Possibly but the factory fit ones. 2 go in the bumper and 2 are actually installed in the intake areas. (Which I would imagine would involve a different set of vents to house the sensor. 

This is true