Karoq engine options reduced?

Pohsibj

Was looking (again) at CarWow and Drive the Deal options for the Karoq but this lead me to notice that the 2.0 Diesel is no longer available in a DSG without 4x4 ? This just leaves the 1.5 Petrol in the middle of the range as far as power goes. So if I am looking for circa 150bhp  with DSG the only option is now petrol.

Any one know why this would be? Is the Karoq model lineup about to be changed i.e. bringing in Hybrid options and reducing the petrol/diesel only range further ?

Thanks.

There are some changes coming for the 2020 model year Karoq, but no mention of hybrid options yet.

https://uk.motor1.com/news/360560/2020-skoda-karoq-kodiaq-revealed/

I was looking at Octavias and noticed that there has been a reduction of options there too, as 4x4s are currently only available with DSG. There are no manual 4x4 Octavias currently available new.

In the case of the Octavia, unlike Karoq, there is a new model coming soon, but I think it is more likely that Skoda may be reducing or rationalising options as a cost cutting measure due to a decline in the car market which is affecting diesel more than other fuel types. I think it is fairly normal in a new model year to see some new options coming in and other options going out.

• Like 1

Interesting to note this:  In other news, go for the Karoq and there’s now a cleaner four-cylinder 2.0-litre turbodiesel engine with 187 bhp hooked up exclusively to a seven-speed DSG and all-wheel drive.

I was very close to going for the 190 Sportline petrol but looked at the fuel consumption and thought better of it. Would have been 'fun' though. Went for the 150 DSG petrol in the end. Still not great consumption though.

On 11/08/2019 at 14:41, Pohsibj said:

I was very close to going for the 190 Sportline petrol but looked at the fuel consumption and thought better of it. Would have been 'fun' though. Went for the 150 DSG petrol in the end. Still not great consumption though.

I think people worry too much about fuel consumption  - unless you are doing mega miles your biggest cost will be depreciation, servicing and other costs.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

I think people worry too much about fuel consumption  - unless you are doing mega miles your biggest cost will be depreciation, servicing and other costs.

Yes, maybe they (we) do. I wouldn't say I was hysterical about it but just enough to tip the balance. I do fancy the 190 Diesel though so maybe that's next 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

We got lucky with ours we managed to get the Edition  version 2019 the dealer was owed a favour by another dealer so they called it in will pick it up Hopefully on Saturday 

• Like 1