Autoglym products any good?

Arkenfel

Hi Everyone,

I've had my Yeti (first car) for just over a month and have taken him a couple of times to be hand washed at the usual supermarket stands but haven't been very impressed with the results so figured I'd have a go myself.

My other half can get Autoglym products for just under half price which seems a pretty good deal to me, I was just wondering whether they are worth going for at this price or whether they are still overpriced and if I'd be better off going with another brand?

Thanks!!

If they can get hold of their Professional range, even better as you can buy them in bulk at a huge saving.

As an example,

AG Aqua Wax is known as Express Wax in the Professional range. The difference is Aqua Wax retails for around £15 for 500ml spray bottle. Express Wax is £37 for 5l. In theory saving you £113.

The Professional range do not use the same names as the the products they sell in Halfords and so  lt also has products that they don't sell retail, Autogloss Rinse for example is a spray on,  rinse off rinse aid/quick gloss. 

Products I use;

AG Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner - weekly wash.

Aqua Wax - monthly wash. 

Glass Polish - weekly wash.

Auto Rinse (Professional Range) - weekly wash. 

Auto Fresh - weekly wash. 

Leather Cleaner - weekly wash

Leather Balm Care - monthly clean

Interior Shampoo- monthly interior clean (dash,  door cards and a quick spritz on the upholstery) 

Vinyl & Rubber Care- as above (minus the spritzing!). I also use it monthly on door seals, as often as I can during the colder months

Super Resin Polish - twice a year as part of Deep Summer & Winter clean

Extra Gloss Protection- I've used once,  but prefer to use Bilt Hamber Speed Wax. 

There are some useful AG product videos on YouTube;

9 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

Products I use;

AG Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner - weekly wash.

Aqua Wax - monthly wash. 

Glass Polish - weekly wash.

Auto Rinse (Professional Range) - weekly wash. 

Auto Fresh - weekly wash. 

Leather Cleaner - weekly wash

Leather Balm Care - monthly clean

Interior Shampoo- monthly interior clean (dash,  door cards and a quick spritz on the upholstery) 

Vinyl & Rubber Care- as above (minus the spritzing!). I also use it monthly on door seals, as often as I can during the colder months

Super Resin Polish - twice a year as part of Deep Summer & Winter clean

Extra Gloss Protection- I've used once,  but prefer to use Bilt Hamber Speed Wax. 

There are some useful AG product videos on YouTube;

Do you work for Autoglym?:tongueout:

Most are really good and readily available - they're a bit out of fashion at the moment, but they continue to make quality products. I've just got some of their Polar Seal to try out, because I'm lazy.

Auto glym products carry the Royal warrant, so if its good enough for HRH  on the Royal cars ,then thats fine for me.  Used the Super resin polish for twelve years on my previous car. Water repellent quality,and shine is good. Elbow grease required........

Another alternative is Carnauba wax,but if the price is right,stick with AG.......

• 2 weeks later...

Generally Autoglym make good products but they are not as fashionable as some of the "boutique" brands.

AG's Fast Glass is a good product, I swear by it on my car's windows and it's good for removing polish stains on plastic too.

SRP (Super Resin Polish) has been a well known favourite for years as it produces a good result by hand but the effects are not permanent so it requires topping off with a wax (I like Collinite 845 myself  but AG EGP Extra Gloss Protection is reasonable).

• 4 weeks later...

Good stuff. I especially like their new Ultra High Definition shampoo and rapid detailer. Have used it for years and still have some although I like Auto Finesse for a change.....

Definately worth half price! 

AG products are really good, i don't quite get them 50% off, but 25% off isn't shabby, been using them for years and like the fact they don't contain any silicon in them like some of the "posh" stuff does.

I like the fact it's a "natural" shine.