I need Bolero Update :-)

Hi,

I have a question. Actually why do we need these updates? I tried to look up what all these updates do and usually it will be some kind of log. Even with apps they would tell you e.g. some bugs fixed or more funcionse added.

But in this case nothing is specified.

Thanks

Most of us do not need an update and for those who think they do, chances are that the update doesn't bring any improvement to their particular situation. There are however specific problems mentioned in Skoda TSB's, which these updates are meant to address. I think it's a good advice to consider updating only, if having a problem AND a TSB exists which identifies a certain SW update as a fix specifically to that problem. I did the update because I could and to me it was fun, but I bet most people would not find the process similarly entertaining.

On 29/04/2020 at 16:26, pab567 said:

@chelon I meant I am NOT dealing with MIB1 units, sorry for confusion 😞

@Lantus no update available. For having SmartLink you must have the unit exchanged (just the infotainment unit, screen may remain the same)

My Bolero says 5Q0035820A, Hardware H24, Software 0241. I don't have Smartlink in the menu. Do I need an update or do I need to replace the main unit, and if so, which part number do I need?

Thanks!

20200624_112508.jpeg

@rapid2016 unit must be replaced 😞 Bolero with DAB is 5Q0035842x (x = A/B/C), Amudnsen with DAB is 5Q0035874x (x = A/B/C). New unican be officially assigned to the car by Skoda delaer (or someone having ODIS ONLINE account in Skoda systems) - this is called Coponents Protection removal. After CP removal all FEC/SWaP codes are invalidated and there is no official way to have new ones added - only the ones that are assigned to your VIN can be restored which means there is no way to have SmartLink officially enabled. Solution is to have the unit hacked which turns CP off (no need to voisit Skoda delaer for CP removal) and activate all available features - including SmartLink and Voice Control (but NOT Skoda Connect as this is subscription based service). if you are interested pls contact me on PM.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, pab567 said:

@joshkrz check your PM

Wow, you get better service here than you do at the dealership. Thank you very much!

I asked about upgrading the software when my car was in for a service. They said they had newer software but they wern't sure if it was an update so I'd have to pay to find out. Not the clearest advice.

I'll post back how the installation goes.

So the update was pretty simple, format an SD card as FAT32 and extract the 7z file to the card. I used a 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s.

Insert the card into the car, switch on the power but don't start the car, then hold the Menu button and choose Update.

It took about 25 minutes to install and to my suprise gives you a really detailed progress screen whilst it's doing it.

Unfortunatly I don't notice any difference to my previous software (I had version 0353 and it upgraded to 0367). My partner has a 2017 Fabia and that has a cleaner UI design and Stop / Start notifications though I haven't checked her SW version.

Nethertheless thank you for the update file!

IMG_20200625_141556.jpg

• Like 1

I can report that the same works even without switching on the car power, as I completed the whole SW update with only the radio system powered on. Only after the SW update was completed, I needed to turn on car power to enable OBD2 connection for the adaptation process.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a firmware update for my unit.

Device: 5Q0035840B
Hardware: H30
Software: 0359
Media codec: 3141.0.0.1

Is it possible to activate the Smartlink function in this unit?

Thanks

All pls check your PMs.

15 hours ago, csabcs said:

Is it possible to activate the Smartlink function in this unit?

Yes, every SKODA dealer should be able to activate SmartLink. If you cannot have it managed pls contact me on PM.

• Like 1

Good evening @pab567!

Could you please check if an update is available for my system?

Any chance you know whether it would be possible to get the new user interface on my version (car is model year 2016)?

Device part number: 5Q0035840A
Hardware: H25
Software: 0253

Media Codec:

Thanks a lot!

14 hours ago, yankarinRG said:

Good evening @pab567!

Any chance you know whether it would be possible to get the new user interface on my version (car is model year 2016)?

Media Codec:

Thanks a lot!

I assumed that the update would being the new user interface too but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I have a 2016 Fabia, my partner's 2017 Fabia has the new interface.

22 hours ago, yankarinRG said:

Good evening @pab567!

Media Codec:

Thanks a lot!

This is the latest software I know for your unit, no official updates available.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, joshkrz said:

I assumed that the update would being the new user interface too but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I have a 2016 Fabia, my partner's 2017 Fabia has the new interface.

What’s the difference between the old and new interface?