What is the turbo in a facelift 230 VRS?

Hi all

Apologies for the noob type question, but what turbo does the facelift RS230 (169kw)?

I understand the Golf R/S3 has the IS38 turbo but would like to know what the Octavia has. 

Thanks 

Edited by uno234

2 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Slightly OT but does anyone know which one my Cupra Ateca has?

Is it up with the big boys or slumming it with the Skoda's? B)

Should be a big boy version to make up for Cupra owners downsizing in the trouser department.:nod:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Should be a big boy version to make up for Cupra owners downsizing in the trouser department.:nod:

What's wearing shorts got to do with anything as I can't believe you're referring to anything else? :kiss:

Ah. I've cottoned on now, you're using smoke and mirrors to deflect from your undersized equipment! :tongueout:

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

What's wearing shorts got to do with anything as I can't believe you're referring to anything else? :kiss:

Ah. I've cottoned on now, you're using smoke and mirrors to deflect from your undersized equipment! :tongueout:

Can you pay £500 extra for the ABT ECU upgrade or is that reserved for the Leon? 350PS is always nicer than 300PS, shame my Octavia only has 340PS but no complaints from the wife so all good.:party:

30 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Can you pay £500 extra for the ABT ECU upgrade or is that reserved for the Leon? 350PS is always nicer than 300PS, shame my Octavia only has 340PS but no complaints from the wife so all good.:party:

The Leon Cupra was able to get 370 with only a stage 1 remap whereas the Cupra Ateca is limited to 350 due to the new emissions gubbins.

Your wife would soon realise 340 isn't really that impressive lol.

29 minutes ago, john999boy said:

The Leon Cupra was able to get 370 with only a stage 1 remap whereas the Cupra Ateca is limited to 350 due to the new emissions gubbins.

Your wife would soon realise 340 isn't really that impressive lol.

Well after stepping out of her 148bhp Karoq suddenly 336bhp seems enough.;)