Boot side recesses

Hi All,

On my previous Octavia Mk2 & Superb estate the two side recesses in the boot had proper hinged covers over them, enabling hiding of all sorts of stuff whilst keeping the boot itself clutter free. This in conjunction with the variable boot floor made it all quite useful.

My new to me 2016 MK 3 estate seems pretty darn basic compared to the other cars so open recesses and no variable boot floor.JJust wondering if anything can be retrofitted to cover the recesses? 

Im fitting a proper spare wheel this week, so the storage under the floor is also going.

I’m guessing the Mk2 variable boot floor won’t fit, so shall need to price up via Skoda

thanks

57 minutes ago, Northlodge said:

Just wondering if anything can be retrofitted to cover the recesses?

I'd like to know this too - it seems Simply Not Clever to me to leave these potentially useful storage spaces open.

Just spent a bit of time searching and this seems like a good solution.  I might have a go at something similar.  I also have a design in my head for a multifunction pocket under the parcel shelf.  

The original Mk3 Elegance had hard plastic sides tha slid into fixing to make a pocket, the sides also folded in the middle & using velcro could be used to stop boxes sliding around in the boot

Looked like these but, fitted in the sides of the recesses too which these don't seem to do

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-practical-cargo-flexible-element-original-Skoda-Autoas