Fuel flap doesn’t lock?

jon15

Up until now I had been convinced that the fuel flap locks whenever you lock the car.

However, today I realized that isn’t the case. It seems that regardless of whether the car is locked or unlocked you can always open the flap.

Is this normal behavior or did the lock system in my Fabia fuel flap stop working?

Ok, on second thoughts I’m quite sure this shouldn’t be right.. it should definitely lock with the rest of the car... Can somebody please reconfirm?

Edited by jon15

• 3 weeks later...

I think the clue to "does this VW Group car have a locking fuel flap?" is always easily answered by checking to see if the fuel cap has a key lock on it or not, my daughter's previous car a late 2009 SEAT Ibiza 1.4 SC did have a locking petrol cap, so no locking fuel flap - selective cost cutting.