Mini mods..to start

Joshua1990

Aha......!

Just found an Audi 12v socket cover in the draw from her A3.

Off to swap it out with mine.....!

And they're a tenner on Ebay, so I'm chuffed...!

• Haha 1

Mudflaps? Been meaning to fit a set to my VRS for a while - finally got round to it today. I think they look good, and there's the obvious advantages to paint protection. The paint was already beginning to be blasted away on the bottom leading edge of the rear bumper where it sits behind the wheel.

If you do fit these, it's also well worth cleaning out the area behind the plastic arch liners on the front. There was a fair bit of mud and dirt built up which can cause a nasty little rust trap. Mine wasn't rusty, but I painted in some Waxoyl after cleaning anyhow.

mudflaps (1).jpg

mudflaps (2).jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joshua1990 said:

I have just done the front ones tonight back ones tomorrow :)

Lol nice work! Did you use the plastic rivets supplied after drilling the holes? They looked a bit rubbish to me so I used a bolt with a washer, threading into a nut behind the arch cover. Piece of mind for security at 155mph :D :D :D

On 14/08/2019 at 18:00, SashaGrace said:

I started with an Audi 12v socket, it’s a dangerous hobby!

I was wondering what to do as my first mod so I’ve done the same thing! Looks great and doesn’t cost much to do.

I’ve got the bug now, bonnet has struts are on their way, and I’m pricing up black grille surrounds...

• 2 weeks later...

A few goodies on the car today and some more to go on.The ramair is so loud it has brang out my inter teenager again. I am having some trouble fitting the eblow though maby tomorrows job. 

20190906_192102.jpg

20190906_192106.jpg

• Like 1

Turbo eblow is now on also the tubro muffler thinybob. More importantly I have ramair stickers and they give 10bhp per one 🙄🙄 so they are in the bin as I cant handle that power 

Another of those threads that might as well charge me £ for looking. AliExpress joined and first order gone in. Battery cover (mine is one supplied without the top part) lock striker plates and hinge covers, and a pair of gas struts for the bonnet. 

Do I actually need any of these things I ask myself? 

2 hours ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

Another of those threads that might as well charge me £ for looking. AliExpress joined and first order gone in. Battery cover (mine is one supplied without the top part) lock striker plates and hinge covers, and a pair of gas struts for the bonnet. 

Do I actually need any of these things I ask myself? 

No you're simply adding weight and slowing your car down. Honesty always the best policy.:tongueout:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 22/01/2020 at 19:26, Joshua1990 said:

After a few months away with work I have added some new bits to the car nothing epicly massive and I also got a foam lance which is great.

20200122_190639.jpg

20200122_190324.jpg

20200122_190304.jpg

IMG-20200110-WA0007.jpeg

Has the blank for the intake made any difference? How much did it cost?