End of lease purchase price.

I’m on my second Superb lease which is due to end in November. Last time, I was given a fairly attractive quote to purchase the car but I’d already signed up to the second lease. I’d like to buy this one and wondered if anyone had any experience of negotiating the price with VWFS.  My last car eventually sold at auction a couple of months after I handed it back, so I’d have hoped they would consider a reasonable offer for a guaranteed cash sale.

With VWFS you can phone up and ask for a purchase price (think you can only do it within last 6 months).  It is similar to what they expect to get at auction (can’t remember, but I think price adjusts if there is excess mileage by how much you would have paid VWFS)

You can also get a temporary extension of upto 3 months at same monthly rate (but only if car is then handed back).   Need to request within final few weeks.

I think any temporary extension can be extended (extra months 4-6) if you are ordering a VW Group car that is delayed (they need new car order number to cross check)

From memory can also extend the lease a year, but they will choose the new monthly payments on basis they need to adjust its value to a year later.

I have extended my existing lease by 12 months as the prices this time last year were silly, about £150 a month more than they are now probably due to lack of cars and the new testing protocol..

Don't expect them to negotiate and in the past the price I was quoted changed when 2 new tyres were fitted just before the end of the lease (Inchcape but they will all be the same).

When I bought mine, VW wouldn't give me a price, and wrote and emailed me every other month to tell me it would be going back to them etc etc.  It was only at the point where BCA got involved to arrange collection of the car on VW's behalf was I offered the chance to buy it (which I did).  From what I could gather, there was no negation on price, but as it was 3k less than the nearest equivalent I could find, I was happy enough.

I spoke to VWFS and they were quite helpful. They advised contacting them closer to the time for a more accurate price but gave me a quote for reference. It’s just under what I’d expect to pay at a dealer, so not as good as I’d hoped. I suppose I need to factor in the convenience and the knowledge of the car’s history from new, but I don’t want to pay over the odds.

@OchAye

I'm currently at a triple from fork in the road when considering my next move on a car 

A, Bank loan it like I've always done 

B, Finance PCP or HP or

C, Leasing 

Leasing is somewhat attractive and would love to know how it's treated you ? Did you get a maintenance package ? Etc etc 

Feel free to ping me off the thread :) always good to speak about options with those who have tested the water...

Leasing was very good financially. I got a quote from Simpson Skoda which my local dealer matched. It was a 24 month, 20,000 mile deal, so minimal servicing. I like to keep my cars clean and in good shape, so had no problems when I handed back the first one. I’m perfectly happy with the one I have now, I’m not bothered about driving a new car every two years, the deals are not as good as they were and I’m in the position to buy it outright this time around, so that’s my plan. If I don’t go for my Superb, I’ll be on the lookout for a used 5 Series Touring.

• 1 month later...

Well, I’ve taken the plunge and as of 30th October, I own my Superb. Add the overall cost of the lease over 2 years and the final purchase price and I got the car for £4k off list price. I’m happy with that - I’ve had the car from new, so I know its full history, it’s immaculate and has only 18600 miles on the clock.

• Like 1

I'm doing the same but was contacted by BCA on behalf on VWFS about two months before the end of the contract. I did haggle a little bit off their initial offer 😀

I'd have preferred a new lease but most prices seem to have gone up about 50% since last time.