Skoda Citigo gearbox level

Sm1ffy

Hi i  purchased a Skoda Citigo in May this year at the time  there was no service manual with the car and no spare key but today I was given

theses by Car sales as they have just turned up. When I got the car I immediately took it to my garage and had a full service and the cam belt 

changed just to be sure it was all done. in the service manual which I have just received today it showed it was lasted serviced in  21st July 2017

so the car went a year without any service being done.( it's a beautiful little car)

My question is how to do you check the gearbox for oil , can it be done in the engine compartment or is there a symbol on the dashboard 

or does it have to be done from underneath the car as I'm a bit concerned.

I have looked at the at online owners manual but I can't find information  on the gearbox oil

Many thanks for any help .

• 9 months later...

There is no way to check it.

The procedure is to drain it into a measuring jug, then pour back in after topping up to the correct amount. There is no dipstick or hole to fill up to as in the old days.